“Afternoon was very disappointing!!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection

Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Enniskerry
Dublin
“Afternoon was very disappointing!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

Myself and my girlfriend decided to treat ourselves to some afternoon tea at the Ritz Carlton. When we arrived we were stunned by the gorgeous lobby area and the view was out of this world. Sadly that was the peak of our stay. We (maybe our fault) had intended to share the afternoon tea and I thought I was clear to the waiter when ordering that we were going to order just one afternoon tea and we would share that platter. The sandwiches were nice however too many seafood options. I would of preferred a larger variety of choices. Our waiter started off quite well however, half way thought he disappeared. Our new waitress(a manager i believe) was quite nice too, however when I ordered some more tea and coffee and more milk I never received it. As we were running late for an appointment I didn't bother mentioning. I ordered the bill and that is when I learnt we had ordered two afternoon tea's. As this may have been my fault I did not bother to bring it up as well. However I would recommend they make a little easier for people to understand this.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank marbella07

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (554)
  • Polish first
DUBLIN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

Stayed last week at this hotel and all i can say is that the hotel is of real 5 star standard the staff were of the highest professional standard, in this area my wife and i must say a great thanks to the two ronnies in the front hall area who were of great help to us as were all the staff we encountered,we had a great stay the spa area was top class ,the gardens ,the bar area and music ,the suite we stayed in was to the highest level of any great hotel that we have stayed in over the years ,the breakfast was vast and fresh and service to offer what ever you may wish ,again from my wife and i and our friends who joined us a sincere thanks to all for a great stay .

Room Tip: great walks attached to this hotel the wicklow mountains
Donegal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights at the end of February 2012. Had a romantic d days/nights with my partner and then had family come down and stay on the Sunday! The hotel is so luxurious and the overall atmosphere is fantastic. I love luxury and have stayed in many hotels, in fact, this was our 3rd time returning to the property. we were upgraded to a Mountain View Suite and the fresh macaroons and hand written note on arrival were thoughtful. The suite was fabulous as before and the food although on the expensive side, this is of course to be expected of a 5* property was very tasty. Breakfast was filling and satisfying also and service throughout was attentive and warm. We dined in the Irish Bar and The Sugar Loaf Lounge for both dinner and lunches, and the food was well made and very plentiful. The fish and chips is to die for, as is the burger and bangers and mash! The cocktails were amazing but at €22 a pop, are certainly a treat, I indulged in several, and found the Luxury Mojito to be outstanding. We availed of the on site bikes and took a trip to Avoca, within the Powerscourt Resort in the hotel grounds. I would especially like to mention the staff that took care of our housekeeping, the attention to detail surpassed anything else I had experienced, they noted the books we were reading and the page we were at and inserted book marks for us! What attention to detail! Also the chap who seated us outside the wine bar and fetched us blankets, lit the fire and advised us on the wine choices was very professional indeed.
I would like to inform guests that upon check in, each guest has €150 per room per night pre authorised for in resort expenditure, the full amount is then taken again on check out the the €150 nightly charge is refunded several days later. You may wish to keep this in mind to avoid any embarrassing situations at check out. All in all, we had a pleasant stay and would recommend this fabulous resort to other travellers.

Room Tip: Choose a Mountain View Suite on the 6th floor, at either the far left or far right side of the build...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Robert78
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

Stayed here for two nights over the St Patrick's weekend and it far exceeded my expectations. The staff more extremely helpful and attentive. The ambience and setting of the hotel is second to none and you can't help but feel an overwhelming feeling of relaxation the minute you set foot inside.

The swimming pool and spa is exactly like it looks in the pictures - absolutely pristine.

The rooms are spacious and comfortable and my favourite part was having a panel beside my bed to control everything in the room from turning on and off the lights to closing the curtains!

The tv in the mirror of the bathroom is also an added treat!

The highlight of the trip was the experience and atmosphere in McGills Pub. The staff, service, food and drink here are top rate. The only dissapoitnment was the result of the Ireland v England rugby match that they were showing on the TV!

I can give nothing but top marks to The Ritz-Carlton Powerscourt. In fact, I enjoyed it so much that my girlfriend and I will be returning in less than 3 weeks time for Easter.

I must also give a special mention to Ciaran from the trundown team who offered a live demonstration of how to turn towels into swans! He was fantastic.

Also, Sean from McGills pub ensured that our St Patrick's Day was one to remember!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

My husband treated my to a night in this hotel for my birthday, and it was a fabulous stay.
The staff were very nice and professional - the service is second to no other hotel that we have stayed in.
We were upgraded to a suite and it was fabulous, it was huge, the bed was very comfy and room was full of technology.
We had lunch in the bar downstairs and it was delicious, lovely bar!
The pool and steam room areas were great we really enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere and the clean facilities, the supersized jacuzzi was also very nice!
We had dinner in Ramsays and it was fabulous, the food was delicious, service was great.
We finished our day in the sugarloaf lounge for some cocktails, which was very nice also.
We had a comfy nights sleep and the breakfast was great!
Overall we had a fabulous stay,this was five star luxury and pampering at its best!!!!!

Columbus, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

We just got back to the states from a week long vacation in Ireland. We stayed at the Ritz the first and last night of our vacation. This is one of the nicer Ritz's that I have stayed in. Very up to date technology, converter plugs, the works. The bathrooms are incredible..TV in the mirror, great shower and spa tub. Beds were very comfy. The first night our room was kind of hot, but the second night it was better. Must try the McGill's pub downstairs...best food of the whole trip. Very helpful and friendly staff!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Haley L
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

Had a lovely stay at the Ritz Carlton. The staff were helpful and very welcoming.
The bedroom was a fraction old-fashioned, but it was gorgeous all the same. The bathroom had a bath and a rainshower; two sinks and a TV set in the mirror. (Very useful!)
The bedroom had a double door to a balcony, overlooking rich green countryside. The peace and quiet was just blissful.

There is a gorgeous swimming pool and hot pool. Children are welcome at the hotel so the pool wasn't as peaceful as I would have liked! I went back to the pool in the morning and found my serenity then.

We decided not to eat in the hotel but go to Enniskerry village instead (just a few minutes drive). On enquiring whether we would like to make a reservation for dinner, the hotel offered to provide a courtesy car to take us to dinner and afterwards returned to collect us when we were ready. Now *that* is 5-star service.

My only small crib is that the balcony wall outside is in need of a fresh lick of paint. Aside from that, the hotel is perfectly maintained and very comfortable.

Room Tip: The hotel is curved so a garden view versus the sugar loaf view is more or less the same. Either way...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enniskerry
12.4 km away
The Westbury
The Westbury
#7 of 153 in Dublin
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,647 reviews

Been to Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!