All reviews large pool front desk staff excellent value naples airport plenty of parking site support brand menu restaurant navy base
Reviewed July 2, 2018 via mobile

We live in Tuscany, but visit the US Navy base in Naples every month, usually overnight, and have been doing this for several years. Two or three years ago, we first stayed here and enjoyed it so much that we always return. Great location, clean, spacious, relaxing, very nice breakfast included, and a wonderful staff. Agnese, at reception, always greats us with a beautiful smile, remembers us by name, and hands us our key immediately. At breakfast, Giuseppe likewise remembers us and warmly greets us with a handshake and is wonderfully attentive and courteous. Mariarosaria, in the front office is always attentive and handles reservation details perfectly. Our room is always immaculate, thanks to the housekeeping staff. It is always a pleasure to return here, and we look forward to seeing you again this week. Thank you for your great service!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed June 9, 2018 via mobile

Tulip Inn Naples provided me with the absolutely worst night of sleep in my life! Calling the mattress “firm” is a radical understatement. My wife and I both swear that it was a sheet of steel coated in concrete and dressed up to look like a mattress. Never in my life of 44 years have I woken at a hotel with such pain both in my lower back and hips after a night of “rest.” In this case, my back was so sore that I had to jump in the shower for ten minutes and let the warm water loosen the tension in my muscles just to stand up straight again!

Room was clean but incredibly sterile with no finishing touches such as artwork or wall hangings. Furniture was basic, if not a bit worn down. Restaurant was palatable....but overpriced for the quality.

All in all, this was an unremarkable and disappointing stay. Will NOT be back.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 5, 2018

I stayed at the property for four days (24-28 May 2018). The hotel offered a great nightly rate, discount in the restaurant and breakfast included each morning. I have to admit the main reason I booked the hotel was because it had an outdoor pool. Imagine my surprise when I arrive to find out the pool didn't even open until June 1st. There weren't even lounge chairs outside the pool where you could relax and just get some sun. That's where the disappointment started. Check in went just fine. The staff was friendly and helpful. The gentleman I dealt with was very accommodating and allowed me to store my luggage so that I could get a room that was non-adjoining located on my preferred floor. That worked out well. I booked an executive king room with kitchenette. The king bed is two single beds pushed together. Not the most comfortable set up, but the mattress and linen were good/comfortable. The room was pretty large but it lacked pizzazz and had no artwork whatsoever on the wall. It had a balcony but there was no furniture to take advantage of it. The only seating area in the room was a desk chair and one additional very worn chair in need of re-upholstering that was in the kitchenette. Furnishings are not consistent in all rooms. There was a place for a microwave cut out of the furniture but there wasn't one. There was a mini-frig and two burner stove top. A few pans, dishware, cutlery were in the cupboards. The bathroom was nice with a tub/shower combo. Towels were fluffy and clean and the bath products (soaps, shampoos, etc) were nice. Temperature control in the room was bit difficult as the temperatures outdoors were higher than normal for the time of year but it was challenging to keep the room at a comfortable temperature. I had breakfast two days at the hotel and honestly was a little bored with it after the 2nd day. Just not a lot of variety and the selections are not kept very warm or cold. The eggs appeared to be powdered and not a good selection of pastries. The coffee was pretty good. Unfortunately my biggest complaint is with housekeeping. My last two days there, they failed to service my room at all even though I had hung the 'please service my room' sign on the doorknob. The first time it happened, I went to the front desk and just asked for a new set of sheets and towels to take care of it myself. The front desk clerk informed me that housekeeping was still there and could service my room for me. I requested that my sheets be changed. I sweat a lot when I sleep and its nice to have clean sheets, especially when I travel. Housekeeping came to the room, proceeded to strip my bed and placed the same used sheets back on my bed after then had put them on the floor. The hotel didn't have any English TV stations in the room although it had CNN (which I would have appreciated) in the lobby. The lobby was nice and roomy but lacking in character. The hotel does offer a free shuttle service to the Navy base not far away which is nice for those military/DoD folks without a vehicle. There is plenty of parking available too. I never got a chance to eat lunch or dinner in the restaurant and actually didn't have anything from the bar either. It is misleading to believe the hotel is actually close to the Naples Airport (NAP). It is not--the airport is about 20 minutes away. Overall, it was a decent stay but the hotel needs a personality and housekeeping needs consistent standards. It appeared to be a property in transition so I may give them another chance in the future to see if things improve. A fitness center would be a nice touch.

Room Tip: If you want sunshine--ask for a room facing east or over the pool.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed May 14, 2018

close to base, staff wasnt the most pleasant in fact a little rude, very limited menu selection of about 7 selections total on dinner menu if that.No pizza, in Italy and pizza not on the menu? very bad experience overall. Bed was very hard. would not recommend .

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed January 1, 2018 via mobile

Room wasn’t very clean, there was hair in the bed, the towels were stained. The drain plug in the shower was broken and stuck and we had to dig it out with a bobby pin. The fridge smelled gross and barely worked. The desk staff had bad attitudes.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
RelazioneClienti, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Tulip Inn Naples Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2018

Dear Customer,
we are sorry to hear of your disappointment about your stay at our hotel.
We apologize and thank you for your report. It gives us the opportunity to improve.
However, let me remind you that our manager and all the staff are always available to customers to solve any problem at any time.
We hope to welcome you again, sure to be able to satisfy all your needs.

Best regards.