2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$141
Hotels.comUS$141
PricelineUS$141
FindHotelUS$142
eDreamsUS$141
Agoda.comUS$141
1,883 results
All reviews stayed at the marriott san carlo the executive lounge manchester airport days parking car parking shuttle service reception staff following morning shuttle bus stayed for one night an overnight stay sauna terminal
Selected filters
Reviewed July 11, 2016

Arrived at the Marriott Manchester and found a tray with at least 15 dirty glasses on the table in the lobby.Not a great first impression.
We reserved a king deluxe room several weeks in advance. We arrived, we were given 2 double beds. This in was not really an issue but we were given a room which required a long...very long walk then down two sets of metal steps ( no elevator) to get to our room. We are in our 70's so this was not easy with 4 suitcases. The concierge was called to assist us but while he was pleasant, neither of us should have had to do this at a 4* ? hotel. Took a shower, then discovered that there was no hair dryer. Turned down the bed and found spots on the sheets on one of the beds. We were tired so we just tried to sleep. The pillows were fine but the bed was not what the feather pillow top bed that they claim. It was an OLD regular mattress that was terribly lumpy.
I am a travel agent and a Marriott specialist ( after taking many classes). This hotel does not meet Marriott standards. It is old and understaffed based on the dirty glasses and the concierge acting as bell boy.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Rav_Khangura, Manager at Manchester Airport Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2016

Dear Cora S,

Thank you taking the time to review our hotel. Please do accept my sincerest apologies for the shortfalls in service that you encountered during your time at our hotel. Can I ask that you email me at rav.khangura@marriott.com so that I can respond directly to you, and go some way to resolve this matter.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kindest regards,

Rav Khangura
Director of Operations

Reviewed July 11, 2016 via mobile

Stayed here 6th July for 1 night for our honeymoon and we asked for bottle of champagne to celebrate and they upgraded us free of charge to exclusive club which incudes unlimited bottles of stella, red & white wine with snacks and even included breakfast. A* service with a smile. Recommended

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mark W
Reviewed July 9, 2016 via mobile

Really badly laid out, feels old and out dated and all furniture was dinged and looked like it needed replacing in the room.
Really hard to work around the hotel as its a maze with rubbish signage.
Gave it one star as the guy behind reception was really nice and helpful

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that the layout and décor of rooms did not meet your expectations; we are currently working on bedroom refurbishment plan in order to address this matter. I am pleased however that our Front Desk Agent had delivered the levels of services that we as a hotel pride ourselves upon.

Kind regards,

Rav Khangura
Director of Operations

Reviewed July 8, 2016 via mobile

Basic Marriott hotel, with an overpriced restaurant. Comfortable bed and quite rooms, although can be quite a distance from the reception. I had a basic meal in the restaurant and it cost 48 GBP (60€) which was overpriced for what it was, it did include a mandatory 12.5% service charge. The staff were good, efficient and friendly.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed July 8, 2016 via mobile

To answer my question above, there are two possibilities. A - you are serving time. B - you are at home. I stayed at the Marriott near Manchester Airport (MAN) in Hale (WA15 8XW) for work. I had my pick of hotels near the airport, but I chose the Marriott because it was recommended by a friend. Every employee at the hotel, no matter who you bump into, is very helpful. Visiting from "the other side of the pond," my taste buds had limited, worldly experience. The ladies & gentlemen entrusted with feeding the guests are AWESOME! Give me a "burger, chips (fries), & a beer" and I'll be content, but get me to try curries, fish & chips, and eat Haggis, then I can only repay you by singing your praises to the world! I can't wait to find and try the places that serve curry dishes back on my side of the pond, nor can I wait to find a "proper fish & chips" joint and compare their dishes to yours. Servers in the restaurant are very knowledgeable in the foods they serve and what complements the food to further enhance they joy you will have in its consumption. The bar area was always busy whenever a football (soccer), rugby, cricket, and even American football was playing on tv. The longer I stayed, the more staff I got to know, the more the hotel began to feel like 'home'. You know the feeling is mutual when the staff sign a picture of the hotel wishing you the best of luck and telling you how much you'll be missed. The next time I'm in the Greater Manchester Area, there is only place I'll lay my weary head to rest at night...or for another 360 nights. Thank you ALL for your excellent hospitality and friendship from 13 July 2015 through 8 July 2016. I will not forget you!

Trip type: Travelled on business