2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Marriott Hotels
PricelineUS$140
FindHotelUS$140
eDreamsUS$140
1,881 results
All reviews stayed at the marriott san carlo the executive lounge manchester airport days parking car parking shuttle service reception staff following morning shuttle bus stayed for one night an overnight stay sauna terminal
Selected filters
Reviewed July 15, 2021

Hotels have had a rough time during the pandemic, airport hotels more than most. All the more reason then to make the effort to welcome the modest number of returning customers. This Marriott fails. The presence of multiple security guards and their prominently displayed biceps is unsettling and entirely unnecessary. This is not usual for an hotel. The hotel itself is very faded. We had a small suite which, although the size of a compact flat, had only one modestly sized window. Provision of power points was entirely inadequate and those 13A points which were there were thoughtlessly placed. Some Marriotts have arrived in the 21st century in this respect but too many still have myriad round pin sockets for their stupid lamps and barely anything for the devices which accompany modern life. Too many hotels eschew daily housekeeping - this is one of dozens of examples of Covid being used as an excuse to not do things. Ideas have to be bucked up, bottoms got off.

Restaurant provision is poor. Neither the expensive Brasserie Blanc nor the even more expensive San Carlo is officially part of the hotel but the former is contractually obliged to provide breakfast and lunch. Breakfast is minimalist and unacceptably so although Brasserie Blanc claims that it reaches the minimum standards required by Marriott. Dinner was not available due to 'maintenance issues' the exact nature of which, even after enquiries, remain disturbingly opaque. This leaves in the immediate vicinity only San Carlo where the food is very good but the prices reflect an inflated view of their own worth.

Date of stay: July 2021
2  Thank John O
Yogendra Sinalkar, General Manager at Manchester Airport Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2021

Dear John O,

Thank for choosing to stay at Manchester Airport Marriott and providing a detailed feedback regarding your your experience at the hotel. Please accept my sincere apology for not meeting your expectations. We are reviewing our 3rd party restaurants opening times currently and hoping to have an update soon. We refurbished our hotel bedrooms 2 years ago and can proudly say that we have one of the most up to date product in the market. I hope you found the USB chargers by the bed on both sides in addition to power sockets on the wall opposite beds.
I hope to welcome you back soon in near future if you are in the area. Please let us know, as we would like an opportunity to show you around the hotel and talk about the history of the hotel and explain why it is designed the way it is. This means few of our rooms have a restricted view/smaller windows, but all get natural day light.
Keep safe and best regards,

Reviewed July 14, 2021

My girlfriend and I travelled from Glasgow to stay specifically for a spa day and were advised that it was cancelled when we got there due to one member of staff phoning in sick. We have now travelled all this way for the spa and cannot get what we came for. The pool was also out of service meaning our money would only cover the sauna and steam room.

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Yogendra Sinalkar, General Manager at Manchester Airport Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2021

Dear rojaaa,
Thank you for staying with us at Manchester Airport Marriott. Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience your recent experience may have caused you. We are all in this uncertain situation and where required to do our bit to keep the virus infection down. Due to the unforeseen circumstances our staff had to cancel the appointments, but know that your voucher was returned back to you with offer to use rest of the facilities complimentary.
We hope to welcome you back and host your stay in near future.

Reviewed July 5, 2021

We received an email a few days before travel to be told that the Brasserie and the leisure facilities were closed due to Covid. On arrival we were told that the shuttle service (we had booked a park and fly package) was not available. They could arrange a taxi to the airport for us but nothing for the return journey, so we would have to arrange a taxi at our own additional expense. The check in staff were very understanding and I got the impression that they had already had such complaints. She said she would make a note for the manager but we didn't hear anything. The room was comfortable and had everthing we needed for an enjoyable nights stay. There was nothing we could do except drink and eat in our room and we had brought supplies with us. The bar area looked lovely but the rest of the hotel looked very tired. Our room was a long walk away from the reception. On return after paying £10 for a taxi to return us to our car, I filled in the customer survey. I got a reply which basically said that the website had been updated to reflect the fact the shuttle service wasn't available. I have stayed at the Radisson at such times and they arranged complimentary taxis. I felt that they were using Covid as an excuse to reduce services and save costs. Whilst I understand this, with them being closed for a long while, you would think they would do everything they could to ensure the customers they had were happy. We ended up paying more for our stay for less and that is not fair or customer orientated in my view. Back to the Radisson next time, I think its fair to say!

Room tip: ask for a room near to reception or expect a long walk
Date of stay: June 2021
Yogendra Sinalkar, General Manager at Manchester Airport Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2021

Dear JillJW,

Please accept my sincere apology for not meeting your expectations. We currently do not offer shuttle service to our guests, which is advertised on our website. We are currently reviewing our decision to resume the shuttle service soon and will be advertising about our shuttle service on relevant platforms.
When we resume our shuttle service, this will be complimentary to our guests. We do not overcharge our guests to offer this service. We always inform our guests to review our amenities and services on our website during reservation process, as we continue to work through these tough periods and may necessary changes as necessary.
I hope you will provide us with another chance in near future when we have resumed our complimentary shuttle services.
Thanks and best regards,

Reviewed July 4, 2021 via mobile

I stayed here two nights. Titanium Elite and they put me about as far from the front desk as they could. I had let them know my Covid test package was bring sent to the hotel. They could never find it. It was delivered, had a picture to prove it. Executive lounge not open, Covid related. Room was comfortable.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank hagerrc1

Dear hagerrc1,

Thank you very much choosing to stay with us. Please accept my sincere apology for the confusion created over the package delivered under your name to the hotel. I will personally be looking into this issue and assure you to respond at earliest opportunity.

We pride ourselves on the service we provide to our guests. We are sorry that you did not experience this due to this package being misplaced. I hope we will get another chance at redeeming ourselves in near future. Please let us know if you are in the area and we shall ensure that you are well looked after.

Thank you once again for your choosing to stay with us and posting a review.

Reviewed June 17, 2021 via mobile

Had a last minute stay at Marriott Hotel Manchester Airport and I would like to single out a member of staff who was working on reception. I never really leave reviews but you have to give massive credit where credit is due.

I had the pleasure of speaking with Kelly who works on the reception area on numerous occasions. What a lovely and pleasant experience as nothing was too much, and always done with a smile

This is customer service at its very BEST and definitely a reason why I will use the Marriott Hotel at Manchester Airport in ANY future visit to Manchester.

Thank you very much Kelly for the service offered

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear RamseyD8,

Your feedback and this review has made my and everyone's day at the Manchester Airport Marriott. We strive hard to make our guest's stay a memorable one and try to meet their expectations in everything we do on daily basis.

We really appreciate you taking time to post this lovely review.

I along with my team at Manchester Airport Hotel look forward to hosting you soon.