“CAPE TOWN - GOLD STAR FOR FABULOUS FOOD AND SERVICE”
Review of Thai Cafe

Thai Cafe
Ranked #27 of 49 Restaurants in Claremont
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 14 February 2015

We visited this most popular Cape Town restaurant, a small place but buzzing with happy customers and no wonder - the service was superb with smiling helpful staff, one could see the cooks in the kitchen behind a glass wall busily preparing the foods and everything looked pristine clean and fresh. our food was out of this world - we were welcomed with smiles and bid farewell with smiles having enjoyed a spectacular meal, very reasonably priced and served quickly with flair and attention to detail. generous portions and the best, THE BEST spring rolls ever - properly cooked, not oily or soggy.. someone in that kitchen definitely knows how to cook ! thank you to this brilliant little restaurant with its lovely natural green décor ....easy parking and a delicious experience all round. 10 out of 10 and well done to the Manager. we will be recommending it to our friends and clients whenever they are in CAPE TOWN. no website I could find but here is the contact info 22 Palmyra Junction, Palmyra Road, Claremont, 7708
021 683 7000

There are newer reviews for Thai Cafe

Reviewed 15 September 2014 via mobile

I had to eat before attending a lecture. I asked the cashier (owner of franchise too) if I could eat in as no use sitting in my car. I wanted to pay before I got my food as I was in a rush. He REFUSED and stated a service charge applies for the waiter to serve me and wash me dishes.

So I asked for a takeaway so he (or his terribly paid back-of-house) didn't have to wash my dishes - only to get a response saying I wasn't allowed to eat inside with my takeaway???

Last straw was him slandering me that I didn't know restaurants and am a non-tipper. How can you push customers away like that???

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Not a great experience at aleast I was served prawn spring rolls instead of vegetarian I reconfirmed that I don't eat fish or chicken twice when order. If I was allergic to shellfish they would be closed down!!!

Reviewed 25 May 2014

We order take-away from Thai Cafe Claremont at least once a month. I have a regular order, which I can always depend on. My fiance always tries something new and is never disappointed. The portions are great and the quality is perfect.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

We often enjoy a Thai Red Curry or the Chef's Special and within 15-20 minutes of calling the order in, a friendly chap arrives at our house with deliciously prepared dishes. We haven't dined at the restaurant as it doesn't really offer a warm ambience, but for take away meals, Thai Cafe is perfect with an extensive menu.