We just returned from our first trip to Ireland and our stay at Ballinalacken and it was delightful.I had read other reviews and knew that it was not really a castle but had some castle ruins on the property. The inn is a few miles outside of Doolin and we enjoyed the quiet and serene surroundings. Cecilia upgraded us to a suite which was spacious with period decor. They have several rooms including a small bar where you can read, relax or just hang out after dinner or a day of touring. The dining/breakfast room is bright and sunny. The breakfast hot dishes were inventive, delicious and served with smiles.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ballinalacken Castle Hotel Doolin is one of the leading Castle Hotels Ireland with views of Cliffs of Moher. This Clare Hotel has an award winning restaurant and is the best place to eat in Doolin. It would be difficult to find a more beautiful place on the West Coast of Ireland in which to wake up. The Ballinalacken has been described in the press as one of the finest located houses in Europe. Our guest rooms offer spectacular panoramic views of the Aran Islands, the Cliffs of Moher and Galway Bay. A 15th Century Castle ruin of the O'Brien Clan stands imposingly beside the Ballinalacken Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline so you can book your Ballinalacken Castle Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ballinalacken Castle Country House Hotel Doolin
- Ballinalacken Castle Country Hotel
- Ballinalacken Castle Country Doolin