“excellent food”

Chervil Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 24 Restaurants in Doolin
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: A Place to Dine and a place to indulge yourself.Formerly South Sound Restaurant, the newly refurbished "Chervil Restaurant" serves a superb fusion of Modern Irish and European cuisine and is rapidly establishing itself as one of the finest restaurants along the coastline of Clare.Our Food PhilosophyHere at Hotel Doolin we have a passion for delivering original wholesome and inventive food, wherever possible using local produce, organic and homemade, homegrown ingredients. We keep our own ducks and hens and grow as much of our herbs, salads, vegetables and fruit on site in our gardens and poly-tunnel. North Clare is a haven for foodies with a raft of independent, artisan producers. We are blessed to be surrounded by such an abundance of suppliers of quality produce and enjoy putting their produce on a plate and delivering it to you, our guest.
Reviewed June 13, 2017

Chervil Restaurant had excellent food. This was the most upscale place I ate during my entire 11 days in Ireland.

Reviewed June 5, 2017 via mobile

The line was long and a little unorganized and the only have two or three items on the menu. I had the seafood chowder and it was really good it came with bread that wasn't my favorite but otherwise I really enjoyed everything.

1  Thank JordanGingerich
Reviewed February 1, 2017

The hubs and I were starving after spending time at the Cliffs, so we stopped at Chervil for their massive platter of fish and chips. It didn't disappoint. I wouldn't rave over the "chips," but he fish was flaky, fairly light, and just what we needed after a long morning of activity.

Reviewed September 25, 2016 via mobile

This place was highly recommended by our tour bus driver for fish and chips so we were really excited to eat there. However the enjoyment ended very fast when we go our food. One of my friends got the seafood stew, which tasted really good and then crunch he found fish bones in the soup! Yuck. Finally me and my other two friends got our fish and chips. One of our friends was perfectly crispy while mine and another friends were hardly crispy and were full of bones. I also never got the peas on the side. Besides the bones (pulled out about 12 and stopped eating) I also never received my side of peas. This restaurant also was mostly self service so there was no one to complain to or ask for a different fish. All in all I wouldn't recommend it due to such simple mistakes, that I've never had dealt with in a restaurant. I would recommend the cafe down the street where we promptly went, the pastries were delicious!

2  Thank Mitchell C
Reviewed August 31, 2016

Had decent fish and chips on the cafe side. The chips were some of the best I've had. Seafood chowder was decent as well.