“Much more than a chippie”

Uncle Albert's Traditional English Fish and Chips
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Please check out our website to see our menu and read the story behind the name of Uncle Albert's.
Reviewed 12 March 2017

Traditional fish and chips are served in this restaurant as the name implies but the story does not end there as they have an extensive menu with some excellent dishes that are not about batter and fat. There are many options like halibut on a bed or rocket with Mediterranean vegetable which was delicious.
The ambience is good with a terrace overlooking the marina at Straits Quay. There was a waiter called John who was excellent, friendly and so efficient always looking around to see who wanted service a delightful chap.
Don't just think it's a chippie it is a lot more.

Reviewed 11 March 2017 via mobile

After a day of exploring Penang, I decided to drop in for some fish and chips at Uncle Alberts.

Overall, a very pleasant meal.

I was offered a free soup - carrot and coriander if I'm not mistaken - which was served as part of a lunch time special. Simple, but lovely way to start while I waited for the fish.

I ordered battered Sea Bass, which was served with fries, coleslaw and some tartare sauce. Was really pleased with the serving size, fish was lovely and the chips were great and crunchy. The tartare sauce was great too and mopped up what little was left with my last few chips. Recommended!

A really nice way to unwind on a Sunday afternoon - sat outside and people watched. The breeze coming in was nice.

Overall, a good value meal. At 75RM for the meal and a pint of beer (~$25AUD at time of writing), a good way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

Reviewed 4 March 2017 via mobile

We stopped on for their set lunch on a Sunday. It was still busy when we arrived at 2pm, but easily found a table. We both ordered from the set lunch - the fish burger and the catch of the day - both were excellent and came with a soup and iced lemon tea. Great value for MYR25 per set lunch

Reviewed 21 February 2017

I often eat here when the Fish & Chips craving is upon me.
Their Battered Red Snapper fillets are very good and a reasonable price.
If you eat outside there is a good ambience with the Marina very close.
They have a comprehensive menu.

Reviewed 19 January 2017

Visited last week as it had good reviews but not impressed.Decided not to have fish & chips as I had eaten some at KL airport domestic departure gate a few days earlier ( It was lovely)
Bad decision.Paid extra for the halibut.It arrived with a few roasted veg but no potatoes.
Both were extremely oily & the halibut was so over cooked it was oily mush with no flavour. My daughters had the fish skewers with rice which they did say we're nice.No music as we were there at 21.30. Not very busy & staff not very friendly but lovely view over bay with all the lights.

2  Thank SuffolkKitten