All reviews dive resort dive guide fish well taken care great diving special thanks dining area camera room the reefs long jetty group of friends a la carte f b perfect service makes you feel first stop late afternoon
Reviewed June 20, 2012

When I arrived at the resort I did not know what to expect. But when I arrived to when I left I was treated to some of the best service I had ever experienced. The people were friendly, helpful, courteous and above all else welcoming. It felt more like going to stay with friends than a resort. The rooms were excellent, well maintained and beautifully furnished.
The restaurant, which was right outside the room, provided very good food.
To go diving, just walk to the end of the pier connected to the restaurant and board the boat, where your diving gear has already been brought aboard for you, by the excellent staff from the diving center. The dive guides and instructors are friendly, highly competent and patient. Allowing you to have a stress free dive at your own pace.
I highly recommend Cocotinos.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Reghu R
MartinusWawanda, General Manager at Cocotinos Manado, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2012

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you so much for your review of our Cocotinos Manado Resort. As you have experienced, both our resort staff and dive crew go out of their way to make our guests stay a memorable one, and that staying with us is more like staying at a friend’s home than at a hotel. We are so glad that you found, as most of our previous guests have, that staying with us is a stress free experience and a true holiday. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

With warmest regards from all staff,crew and management of Cocotinos Manado

Reviewed June 10, 2012

We loved our one week stay at Cocotinos for 4 reasons:
1) The venue is great: nice cabins set up, clean, large size rooms
2) The food was excellent and they could accommodate my many food allergies without any troubles
3) The staff is A1, proactive, friendly and smiling
4) The diving staff, instructor as well as the equipment and of course the fabulous sites are just PERFECT.

The only two little things I would mention is that the resting area could have more comfy cussions (both for the sofa along the restaurant) and the bed mattress are a bit to stiff but for that one, my husband find it okay...

A great experience and relaxing vacations.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear beloved guest,
thank you very much for your review and highlighting us as a “Dream Vacation” it was very much appreciated by my staff. We take great pride in treating all of our guests as friends, and to make their stay as enjoyable as possible. This maybe why we have so many guests stay with us again and again.
We note your comments that you found the cushions on the sofa at the restaurant and the beds a bit firm for your liking. No problem, the next time you stay with us, please ask and we will only be to glad to provide additional cushions for the sofa or an additional mattress protector to make the bed a bit softer. Again thank you from all of us here at Cocotinos for your kind review

With warmest regards from all staff, crew and management of Cocotinos Manado

Reviewed May 22, 2012

Great place. Nice and small but with huge rooms. The eating area was very nice, over looking the ocean. Staff was friendly and the dive crew knew there stuff. Food was wonderful. I plan to go back.

Room Tip: The suite with the outdoor tub was cool.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Dear Reviewer,

thank you for your kind review, myself and all of my staff are so glad that you found our hotel and the diving so much to your liking. We look forward to seeing you again at Cocotinos in the near future.

With warmest regards from all staff, crew and management of Cocotinos Manado

Reviewed May 21, 2012

First my apologies for taking so long to write. I visited this lovely friendly hotel back in February and was hoping to post a few photos which I have been unable to download

I stayed here for two nights and absolutely loved it. After a visit to a 'not so terrific place' on the island of Bunaken, this was definitely the nicest hotel I stayed at in Manado

I was fortunate enough to be escorted by members of their staff to a big harvest festival in a nearby town which was simply amazing. The staff all extremely competent and friendly went well out of their way to care for me. I cannot say I went diving (but did meet the dive instructor who I confirm looked very handsome in his festive garb) for the ceremony

I will definitely be back next year and wish to thank each and everyone of you for a most memorable stay (especially the terrific food, dancing and drive to the once in a lifetime festival proceedings :)

The hotel is clean, very beautiful rooms with terrific hot showers and a very comfy bed. Cooked to order breakfast a real treat and not to be missed

Thanks and see you next January/February

Penny

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
MartinusWawanda, General Manager at Cocotinos Manado, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

Dear valued guest,

May we at Cocotinos say thank you for your kind review of our resort. Our staff, always try to show the real friendliness of Manado people to our guests. And I guess that this came through during your stay with us and your your visit to the harvest festival. As divers and travelers ourselves we have had plenty of experience of hotels which you describe as "not so terrific places" and wanted to make sure that our resort was not one of those and it look like we have succeeded. we look forward to your next visit and thank you once again for your kind comments.

with warmest regards from all staff, crew & management of Cocotinos Manado

Reviewed May 19, 2012

My friends and I stayed for 7 days. The resort is intimate and the rooms are very spacious and clean. The resort staff were very friendly and most of them greeted us by name. The barbeque dinner (which is at an additional cost to our dive/board package) was very tasty and fresh. For those who enjoy spicy condiments, ask the resort staff for "dabo dabo". Odyssea Divers which is part of the resort is a professional outfit with local dive crews who go out of their way to make your dive experience memorable (and effortless)! The diving is excellent with healthy coral gardens and abundance of marine life, the dive guides and boat crew are experienced with local knowledge of currents and topography making it safe diving. My sincere thanks especially to Jecky, James, Bob, Abba and Mamang for looking after our dive party exceedingly well.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends

Dear valued guest,

First of all thank you for your review which was much appreciated by all of us here at Cocotinos.
The kitchen staff are glad that you liked our dabo-dabo which is one of Manados's signature dishes. But beware it can be a little to hot for some people. We had found some more really good dive sites close to the resort, so your next dives with us will be even better. All of the dive guides and staff send their regards and look forward to showing you the new dive areas during your next visit to us.

With warmest regards from all staff, crew & management of Cocotinos Manado