US$133
  • Pool
US$207
US$145
  • Pool
Anchorage Beach Resort(Caye Caulker)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$79
Anchorage Resort Hotel Belize City(Caye Caulker)(Great Value!)
US$87
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$104/night.

All reviewsbelize riverhowler monkeyscave tubingmayan ruinslast nightcontinental breakfastclose to the airportbelize zooour tour guideoverlooking the riverinternational airportroom was largefree shuttlenice poolminute driveambergris cayesan ignacio
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We spent two nights at Black Orchid. Much nicer than staying in hot and crowded B City. Nice rooms. Great setting along the river. Easy access to the Western and Northern Highways. Close to the Belize Zoo. A friendly and helpful staff. Food - quite good. Restaurant service - a bit slow, but who cares? You're on vacation.

Room Tip: If in the K building - ask for an upper floor room. In the A building - river view.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank RD S
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Staying at the Black Orchid Resort in Burell Boom village and I cannot say enough nice things about this place. It truly is a tropical paradise with staff that treats you like royalty! It is a must visit if you come to Belize.

Look for the resident Parrot in the trees..his name is "hoody bird", he is a yellow naped amazon parrot that hangs out in the trees and walks around by the pool. How cool is that!!

The grounds are amazingly lush and beautiful and from what I hear the monkey's come every few days. We are hoping to see them before we leave.

They offer all kinds of tours and activities if you are here for adventure. http://www.blackorchidresort.com

I will post photos once I am home.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Tracye G
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Last week my husband and I stayed for the 4th time at Black Orchid Resort.
Each time we have been there we have been pampered by the staff and owners. Because it has been a while since we were there, I was very happily amazed with the upgrades Black Orchid did in their rooms.
As always the rooms are very specious with a large bathroom and comfortable beds, but we loved their newest linen, coffeemaker, and much more.
Another reason why I love to stay at Black Orchid Resort is because the food of the Restaurant is amazing! Their Chef makes the BEST quesadillas!
Thank you sooo much again Black Orchid for taking such good care of us, and we will definitely be back!
Also we look forward to see your newest screened bar being open, located right at the River!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Savano
Reviewed April 21, 2012

We would give one review rating for the hotel property, but a very different rating for honesty of tour arrangement... Large (maybe 26' x16') clean, pretty modern room with a/c and nice bath. We were extremely satisfied with the room. There is also an attractive fairly reasonable restaurant on property with adequate, familar food choices. The hotel really is less than 20 miles from the airport and is more interesting than what's available in Belize City.
We were much less happy however, with how we were charged for the tour they arranged for us.
The Lamanai tour the hotel staff arranged was worth taking. Our guide was pleasant, accommodating and knowlegable. BUT we were quoted 110. USD each (which we believed was high), then charged 120. each when we got back to hotel. We were also surprised to be charged 55. Belize for taxes - the only tour in country that did not include tax in their quoted fee. Finally, we asked before booking about driving to Lamanai or to the boat dock as we had our own car. We were told the road to Lamanai was long and extremely difficult. It may have been - but the road to the boat dock was about 40 miles on some of the best paved roads we experienced in Belize. We could have driven to the dock in our own rental suv for less than half the price and not had to wait for a ride. Advise you to investigate other tour alternatives in advance. We felt ripped off.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LandLOhio
BelizeRus, Owner at Black Orchid Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2012

Hello valued guest, thank you for your review of my property and thank you for your honesty. I read your review with much anxiety as the Black Orchid Resort, my standards have been greavely violated. You felt riped off because you were. It is Sunday afternoon and the folks at the front desk that were on duty at the time of you check out are off so i am not able to fully investigate what happened but the fact that you were charged more that our published rate is unacceptable to me and will not be tolerated. Also that you were discouraged to drive to the dock is not our standard, we normaly bend over backwards to help folks that are driving to get to their destination and would make the arrangements for them at no cost.
Upon completion of my investigation into this matter you will be reimbursed every peny over and above our normal fee. Again thank you for your feedback, i will act on it. Sincerely Doug Thompson

Reviewed April 20, 2012

Black Orchid is a hidden jewel! The owner's, the Thomas's, and the resort manager Beverly make you feel like family, always there to answer questions and respond to your needs. The rooms are clean, comfortable and air conditioned, with some having a direct view of the Belizean River. I spent 9 days at Black Orchid and the high level of service never waivered during my entire stay. The resort's cook staff are absolute magicians in the kitchen, making each breakfast and dinner the highlight of my day. While my days were spent doing long hours of construction and ministry in Belize City, it was nice to come "home" in the evenings to Black Orchid and take a quick cool dip in the pool and listen to the Howler monkeys and birds before retiring to my room for the night. The hotel is surrounded by lush vegetation and I had one day of leisure to really enjoy the relaxing atmosphere at the resort and boating up and down the Belizean River in search of Howler monkeys.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business