“Surprise Birthday party”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2017

Had a Birthday surprise sprung on me at the griffin back in October. 15 people in total.
Food was amazing lovely choices, cooked to perfection 10/10

Reviewed May 20, 2017 via mobile

We were travelling to Colchester for a work conference.
The trip had been long with traffic hold ups and plenty of rain. We were looking for somewhere to stop for a break and refreshment.
Saw this pub as we came through Danbury and in particular the food board out front advertising Thursday special Cod n' Chips at two for £16 and made the snap decision to pop in.
We weren't disappointed. Some of the freshest cooked well cod in batter we have had with excellent chips and mushy or garden peas!
Friendly manager and staff with good quick service in pleasant surroundings.
Recommended.

Reviewed April 16, 2017 via mobile

Visits this lovely pub/restaurant Easter Saturday as a drive by & turn the car round to return and eat! We didn't have a table booked however we were take to to a lovely table for our meal straight away.
Lots of choice on the menu - I had tomato & goats cheese tart to start and chicken & leek pie/mash & seasonal vegetables as my main. My friend had crab and avocado tower starter, & chicken with dauphinoise potatoes & wilted spinach as his main. Plenty more choices on the menu I liked the look of and I know I'll be making a return journey for another meal or 2!
Service was exactly as it should be..... timely & with a smile!
Thank you The Griffin!!

Reviewed April 15, 2017 via mobile

Second visit this year, both times the food and service have been great. Very personable service and clearly a proud chef hiding back there in the kitchen and preparing amazing pub food. The Griffin is kid friendly as well, not all the pubs in the village are. We will be back again soon!

Reviewed April 2, 2017

Went with my parents for Sunday lunch, we had a lamb, beef, pork and vegetables roast - all great. I am vegetarian and it is the best roast around here. Desserts are lovely and staff are great. My mum and dad said they enjoyed it very much.