Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 18, 2017

I regrettably stayed only one night at Coffee Cove Retreat. A little off the beaten path, this place is a little piece of heaven. I am a Newfoundlander and live only 2 hours away. I had never heard of Coffee Cove until I was browsing our provincial tourism guide last year. I love discovering new places around our beautiful province and this place did not disappoint. I stayed in the Baker House and my stay couldn't have been any more perfect. The house has character, charm, history with a deck and living area overlooking the Cove that is truly magical. Complete and total tranquility. The cottage has everything you need and all you require is grocery items. Springdale is roughly 15 minutes away so getting to a grocery store is easy. As I sat in the darkened sitting room curled up in the fabric rocking chair with a blanket, a book and a glass of wine I had never felt such peace. The next morning I was able to enjoy my coffee down on the wharf in one of the Adirondack chairs. Again, complete silence and tranquility. The only downside is that I couldn't stay longer. Next summer I will definitely book a longer stay and enjoy more of the charms this place has to offer. Nola and Paul are lovely people and I am so glad I found this place. It was everything I expected it to be and more. If you love history, charm and getting away from it all then this is the place for you. I loved it and can't wait to stay again.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Nola S, Owner at Coffee Cove Seaside Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2017

Thank you Mary Ellen so much for your wonderful review of the cottage. It means so much that you enjoyed your stay that much. Hopefully you will come stay with us again some time when you are travelling back and forth from Argentia and Port aux Basques. It was a pleasure meeting you and having you here at the retreat. Take care.

Reviewed September 4, 2017

Very peaceful but a bit too far out of the way unless you bring everything you will need. Meeting a local mussel farmer and his son was a real highlight of our visit. View from deck was good but could have great if some of the trees were thinned out.

The location could be a lot better......area somewhat run down. Disappointed the ice trays were empty upon arrival but nice spot to BBQ

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Nola S, Owner at Coffee Cove Seaside Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate all comments from our guests. We apologize that there was no ice in your ice cube trays, however we would have been more than happy to provide you with ice from our ice maker. The retreat certainly is off the beaten path with the nearest stores being a 15 minute drive. For this reason, we put together an information package which includes directions and letting guests know that if they need anything its a good idea to stop along the way. This package is sent to all our guests when we send their reservation confirmation. Thanks again for your review and we hope that you enjoyed your trip to Newfoundland.

Reviewed August 6, 2017 via mobile

I stayed in the B&B suite upstairs and loved it!! It is so tastefully done overlooking the harbour and such a peaceful relaxing spot. If you are looking for unique and quiet and off the beaten track then this is it! Paul and Nola have a gem and I hope to be back for a longer stay!

Trip type: Travelled on business
Nola S, Owner at Coffee Cove Seaside Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. Paul and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay in the suite and hope that you will return again in the future.

Reviewed August 5, 2017 via mobile

We were so blessed to be able to stay in the Lighthouse cottage for five days this summer while visiting with family in the area. We loved looking out over the water from the lookout. It was quiet, charming and comfortable and the owners were very kind. So lovely.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your comments. We are glad that we were able to accommodate you during your time here visiting with family and it means a lot that you enjoyed your stay here so much.

Reviewed July 19, 2017

My wife and I, along with another couple, stay in the Baker house for 2 nights in mid June, and enjoyed our stay immensely. Nola and Paul were the best hosts, and at our beckoning call when we needed anything ... even a propane fired lobster pot! The cottage is small but quaint, with a beautiful view out the front. We even enjoyed a evening campfire one night, with everything supplied by our hosts. I hope Paul enjoys the hoodie that I left behind.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

It was our pleasure having you stay with us this summer. Thank you for taking the time to post a review. As for your hoodie, we will just hold on to it in hopes that you will return one day. LOL. Hope you enjoyed the rest of your vacation on the island.