“Best lamb tagine in Indonesia”

El Bazar Cafe & Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 94 Restaurants in Kuta
Price range: US$2 - US$13
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: El Bazar Cafe is a new concept in Kuta Lombok that is striving to inspire its customers to eat healthy. We are serving Authentic Mediterranean cuisine in the hear of Kuta Lombok. Come enjoy the best coffee in town and our rustic breakfast all day long. By day we serve delicious international Cafe food that is healthy, generous and plentiful. By night expect superb rich dishes, our seafood is served table side. An easy dining in a charming atmosphere. Welcome to El Bazar Cafe & Restaurant Lombok.
Reviewed September 26, 2016

I was so surprised to find a moroccan restaurant in Kuta Lombok, and was a bit reluctant about the quality of food I would find there as I lived myself in Morocco for a couple or years. Well I had to say it tasted like in Casablanca, it is simply the best Moroccan food I ever had since I live in Indonesia, and I had to go to Lombok to get to try this absolutely delicious and mouth watering lamb tagine.
The service is a bit slow but it is only because it is freshly made on demand.
A MUST GO if you are in South Lombok!

1  Thank Lily N
Write a ReviewReviews (1,349)

Reviewed September 24, 2016 via mobile

Very fresh and good food, best tuna steak we ate on our whole trip! You have to come early or make a reservation because many people know where they can get nice food:)

Highly recommenadable!

Reviewed September 20, 2016 via mobile

Was so disappointed after our dinner here after the reviews. First of all, the lamb tagine was so overpriced - 175 for just one lamb shank. It's not an expensive cut and considering the lack of side and the nothing about the flavour the was mind blowing this was a very disappointing dish.

And second of all, the service we had was definitely less than expected. The kitchen and waiters were struggling getting just about everything wrong with not only our table but at least 2 other tables next were waiting over an hour for their food which was forgotten and served one at a time and not together. Our dishes were supposed to come with the pita bread but without saying anything they swapped it for French fries and when asked they said that was what was on tonight. Very annoying as they had no regard to if we even wanted French fries and not even an explanation.

When we just got in, there were loads of free tables but for some unexplained reason the waiters insisted we sit at the same table next to another couple, which was very odd as there were no reservations and just free tables.

In addition to this, there were small things that made the evening very annoying because we were already put in a bad mood for having to ask for cutlery because the waiters didn't think of needing cutlery, just serving the food. No napkins on the table. It sounds petty and like a small thing but just added to the overall frustration of the evening.

Food here was alright, absolutely not worth the money for the lamb tagine. Nothing mind blowing and although there were some good things, for e.g. The meze plate starter, but overall the dining experience was negative, therefore I could not give this place more than a 2. Overrated and overpriced.

2  Thank Emma W
Tbouhil, Owner at El Bazar Cafe & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2016

Dear Emma W,

Thank you very very much for the time you took to write your review and the well outlined details of your frustration while dining at El Bazar. i do have to sincerely apologies for the mediocre service you have received, it is not who we are. El Bazar culture is about providing freshly home made food with a hearty and genuine service in a cozy atmosphere.

Lately we have been awarded the Certificate of Excellence and the #1 restaurant in Lombok, both these 2 awards have completely taking our operation out of balance.

As a solution to keep up with our popularity, we have decided to start recruiting extra staff, at moment we employ 48 staff and 8 of them are still juniors.

I hope that we speed up their training and quality so they can serve our guests better and aligned with our philosophy and culture.

Re - The Lamb Shank, I agree with you that the price is expansive for Indonesia. In The Netherlands we pay 14 Euro per kilo( 205.000), and 1 kg contains 2 pieces of Lamb Shank. Indonesia doesn’t have Lamb so we import ours from New Zealand to Jakarta and then we fly it to Lombok. However it’s my mother’s recipe and I couldn’t open this restaurant without having her dish in the menu.

Again thanks a million for your review as I see it as a big help for us grow and be better and better at what we do

You are a STAR

Regards,
El Bazar Owner

Reviewed September 20, 2016 via mobile

Absolute good food at a good price.
The owner obviously cares about his food and his people, you can feel it in the vibe.
Don't skip when in kuta Lombok.
Try the kebab with rosemary fries and homemade mayonaise!

1  Thank Despi2016
Reviewed September 20, 2016 via mobile

Coffee and breakfast were delicious! Everthing was fresh, Staff is nice, very cosy place. The Best food in Lombok!