All reviewspalmetto pointthe main roadonly downfallback homemini fridgeisland liferooms are averagethe wi fiview of the oceaneaten alivebase to exploreon site restaurantharbour islandrental carbahamaspaulinevilla
Reviewed December 3, 2017

This place is truly a get away the view of the beach is absolutely breath taking, the staff was extremely efficient and friendly. From the time I checked in with Pauline,to my room being cleaned by Denise. The Food was excellent and is cooked to order the prices are a little pricey but, that is normal for the Bahamas. Patricia who prepared our meals was very friendly and definitely a good cook. If I could have packed her in my suit case to bring her back home with me I definitely would.

Room Tip: Unit 10 has a great view!
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Vanette J
Reviewed September 6, 2017

I have stayed at Unique Village quite a few times and every time I've stayed its been a wonderful experience. The staff is so phenominal and kind. There is no other place I'd rather stay while visiting the great island of Eleuthera. Oh and let's not forget the owner who have the heart of gold and does a lot in the community for the seniors and etc. The food is so delicious and always hot and fresh. I would advise everybody to come stay at Unique Village. This property10 stars in my book. Fransoir Anderson

Room Tip: Ocean View
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Fran A
Reviewed July 5, 2017

We stayed here for two night, during our down-island honeymoon trip and used it as our base to explore central and southern Eluethera
We are long time travelers to the island(15+ years) to a home in N.Eluethera(
Ridley Head-area) so have a good understanding of how things can be on the this lovely out-island.

Due to some repair issues, at northern home, we had to call and change our check-in day, to a day later. This was done with no hassles. Booked through Expedia but called hotel direct.

Arrived, rather late in the evening(7:30) no one was at front desk but rang bell and someone came down from resturant/bar area(there is also now a number to call for late arrivals)

Got key and walked to King suite and opened the door, not quite knowing what to expect...

What a pleasant and GREAT surprise-
Very clean and spacious room
Bathroom was also very clean with an adaquate number of towels.

Most everything a traveler, here, could hope for
Coffee maker-with lots of cream and sugar
AC, that did a fine job
Mini-fridge that worked
GREAT comfortable king bed and enough pillows for 4-5 guest
(the 5 pound down comforter, while nice, is a bit over-kill for the tropics)
Beach towels
Comfortable couch
Nice tile floors
42" or so TV with decent channel selection

There are a only a couple down-sides
WiFi didn't appear to be working(that's not too surprising since Batelco has issues all over the island)

Since we were late arriving we decided to eat at the on-site restaurant
BIG mistake
The bar/restaurant appears to be air conditioned but it was NOT on. There were no fans and the open windows barely let a breath of air in.
We were the only 2 folks there and it seems that we were 2 of maybe 6 guests total on the property.

We chose to sit outside and tried to find the windward side in hopes of not being eaten alive by mosquitoes and midges. Yes there was a small breeze coming up from the ocean but not near enough

We ordered a couple cold beers and awaited the menu
Beers came(rather luke warm) opened the menus and were shocked by prices(remember we've been coming to the island for 15+ years and know that things are often more costly than the states)
Almost seemed a bit of price gouging here for what was offered.(Tippy's was less-if that gives you an idea)
We ordered a salad and the chicken to share
Bugs got too bad and as soon as food was delivered we asked if we could take back to room, which was not an issue
Got back to room and hoped it tasted better than it looked
Nope
We know that there are some really good local cooks but not the case here.
Likely the worst chicken we've ever had and we've travel the world.
Salad was just okay
(sorry to be so hard on the chef but...)

Hotel is wonderful but find another place to eat
We found the local pizza joint for night two (straight across Queens Highway on Trade street) Very tasty

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank windwalker
Reviewed May 7, 2017

This was my first time in the Bahamas and although I have quite a few friends from Nassau, I didn't really know much about the family island experience. Since I was travelling alone, I was looking for somewhere that wasn't too expensive but was still comfortable and Unique Village definitely fit the bill. I was checked in and handed the key, afterwhich I took my luggage up to the room. I was in a more traditional hotel room (not one of the villas) which contained two double beds. Not too sure why I was expecting less but I was surprised to find that the room was fully equipped with your typical hotel room amenities. A/C, ceiling fan, flatscreen tv with cable, mini-fridge, coffee machine, free wifi - plus a private balcony overlooking the pool. The room overall was clean and cozy, I did find some tiny bugs constantly crawling around in the bathroom but being an island boy myself, I understand that this comes with the territory of island life so I just made sure that my toothbrush was always closed up. Outside of that, the bathroom was also spotless. The wi-fi was on the unreliable side - I frustratingly kept going from a strong connection to no connection which made it somewhat frustrating when trying to communicate with coworkers back home that needed my assistance. I'm not sure why I missed this but I was surprised to find that I had the option to rent a vehicle in the parking lot - $70 a day (which is standard for Eleuthera) but I would definitely recommend it as Unique Village is located in backroads, tucked away from the main road and is also located in Palmetto point which is about 10-15 minutes away from Governor's Harbor. My Nissan Bluebird got me around the island safely though so complaints from me! I was also allowed to leave it at the airport when I left which was very convenient. The restaurant, which was pretty much always empty (never saw more than 2 or 3 other people there) served very delicious (albeit pricey food). Be prepared to spend at least $25 a meal there. Having said that, the food is very delicious - the toast served with the breakfast sampler was sweet and amazing with the some butter and jam. I tried to eat out when possible though as the cost of the meals definitely added up. Overall though I'd say this is a great place to say - service was friendly for the most part and I didn't have any issues. I would recommend this place to any visiting Eleuthera.

Pros
====
- Not too far from governor's harbor
- Vehicle rentals available
- Clean and cozy rooms with private balcony and access to the pool
- The breeze never stops blowing!
- Probably the location with the best balance of price/amenities/location to governor's harbor
- The price!! For what you get, the price is amazing
- Beautiful ocean view from the room

Cons
====
- Restaurant is pretty pricey (as expected at a hotel)
- A bit out the way so a rental car is recommended
- Very spotty wi-fi in the room (would recommend you go to the restaurant during the day if you need a stable connection as i found it best there).

Before I go, just want to give a big shout out to my dude Jetlee! He helped me out on numerous occasions (checked me in and also was working in the restaurants a couple of times that i was there). Always gave service with a smile, showed genuine interest in my stay there and was an all-around a pleasure to interact with. Definitely, one of my positive highlights at Unique Village. Wish him all the best and hopefully you (the reader) will have the pleasure of meeting him as well if you stay there.

Room Tip: The traditional hotel rooms all have a great view of the pool and ocean
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank Dennis H
Reviewed May 3, 2017 via mobile

This was our second stay at Unique Village Resort. I enjoy this place ! You won't get a better view of the ocean and the beach front is amazing and you usually have it all to yourself. The rooms are average however provide you with everything you need. The mini fridges in the room come in handy and allow you to get some snacks as the price of food in the restaurants can be quite pricey. The villa we stayed in was awesome! Perfect for a family and the view was breathtaking. Has a full kitchen which was great for keeping food costs down. Only downfall was there were termites crawling around in the bedrooms and bathrooms which was really gross.
The restaurant on site is way over priced for the quality of food you get. We ate there twice and both times felt we paid way too much for the quality of food that was provided. On top of that it is very off putting to have to be battling house flies while trying to eat. The amount of them in the restaurant was insane and you literally were fanning over your food the entire time you are trying to eat. So gross. Highly recommend restaurants outside of the resort and like mentioned above stocking up on some snacks.
There is a pool on site which is great.. the first night we arrived it was mucky and there were tons of bugs to the point we couldn't get in. However the next morning the water was clear again and less bugs floating around. It being cleaned throughout day would really be great.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family