“I don’t do reviews ...... but”

The Eagle Tavern at Little Coxwell
Cuisines: European, Central European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I turned up for dinner on Saturday night having searched Trip Advisor for a good pub dinner. WOW it is amazing. They have resisted the temptation of going down the normal pub menu. You will not find hamburgers on the menu. What you will find is good quality food ingredients, perfectly cooked and perfectly presented and served. I had local lamb shoulder, sweet and tender served with fresh vegetables and dauphinoise. My wife had pan fried cod with a delicious spread of sauce. The creme brûlée to finish had a different slant but was perfect. There is a good choice if starters, mains and puddings. You pay for two or three corses. I only wish that I didn’t live 2 hours away, I would be there for dinner every week, at least once.

1  Thank johngg333

Reviewed September 14, 2018 via mobile

The pub has a loverly atmosphere and the staff are very friendly but professional.

We both had completely different meals and everything was extremely nice. The presentation and quality of the food was great.

The team at this place should be proud of what they do. Thank you for a delightful meal. We will be back.

Reviewed August 26, 2018 via mobile

I chose to come here for my birthday. The food was outstanding and everyone cleared their plates. The staff were very pleasant and I would highly recommend a visit here.

Reviewed August 25, 2018 via mobile

Accidental find, a fortunate cancellation allowed us to get a table, and what a piece of luck!!! The meal was flawless.Fine dining at a very reasonable price. Strongly recommend it if you're in the area.

Reviewed August 21, 2018 via mobile

This was recommended, so we arrived with great anticipation and not disappointed.

The food was well presented and tasted great. The staff were discrete and attentive.

There is car parking nearby but not on site.