Review Highlights
bucket list adventure!

had such a great time with my daughter, sister and nephew!! well worth the price!! our guides... read more

Reviewed September 5, 2022
785Janet_M_13
Cambridge, Canada
White Water Rafting

Amazing time there with the group. Gone there for over 4 years on the Critelli trip and love it... read more

Reviewed August 21, 2022
JamesV455455

All reviews next year the river guide chris food was great awesome memories getaway package great sense of humor walked away kids and adults year olds plan on returning deluxe cabin corn hole mini vacation unbelievable experience bucket list super fun
Selected filters
Reviewed June 6, 2022 via mobile

We went on a high adventure rafting trip and it was beyond our expectations! we will come again (again). When we arrived we had some lunch, which includes vegan options so everybody will get fed After we played some beach volleyball (you can rent a ball in their shop) and played some pool. Then we went to the briefing, put on our gear, went into the bus and drove to the river. On the bus we had a lot of fun and good vibes, we listend to some fun music! Then we went on our raft & got to know our instructor (Zach). We learned the commands and went right into our adventure! It was such a great time!!
It was the second time we went rafting with Wilderness Tours and we will definitely come back again!

Date of experience: May 2022
Reviewed June 6, 2022 via mobile

My friends and I went a couple of weekends ago and had an amazing time! The food was really good, amenities were great and the white water rafting was really fun. We did two days of rafting and it was super fun to get out on the water twice. We also loved that there was so much to do there - live music, bar, beach volleyball courts, corn hole, basketball courts, pool table, etc. Would highly recommend to anyone.

Date of experience: May 2022
Reviewed September 3, 2021 via mobile

Had an amazing afternoon rafting down the Ottawa River. Our guide Chris R was fantastic. He knew how to make the trip fun and keep us safe. I love their new facilities. Lots to do. Too bad we did not arrive early enough to make use of their amenities. I would strongly recommend Wilderness Tours to anyone looking for a great time whitewater rafting.

Date of experience: September 2021
Reviewed August 29, 2021

My teenage boys and I thoroughly enjoyed our rafting experience and tour guide, Michelle. However the entire package that they sold us was deceptive. They didn’t care that we walked away dissatisfied with the lack of care or respect for a service we didn’t receive. Our accommodations were off sight, 5kms to be exact which wasn’t stated when making the reservations; it was abandoned sight with nothing around us…a single mom with her boys. We were off sight bc, they didn’t allow pets; which I respected but, also purchased a GF meal plan? Didn’t realize it was 5kms away to redeem our meal plan and for my kids to eat? We didn’t benefit from breakfast bc, it was too early and too far away? They charged 3 days for pet and 2 nights for us even though check out was 10am? We still had lunch to redeem for 1pm? How was I supposed to execute this without pets r allowed on property but, we need to eat? I tried speaking to 5 ppl to rectify this and they didn’t; one of the owners chased me down the hill to say “no” dogs allowed on the property? I asked how r we supposed to eat if check out is at 10am…no one had an answer for me; nor an apology or had a solution? I was mortified and my mini vacation was hi-jacked multiple times when I tried to make it right? I’ve never been treated so bad by, a vacation resort to make guests feel comfortable? Further more, the kitchen was not prepared for my boys; having celiac disease, it took them nearly 1/2hr to find GF bun and both my boys have dietary needs. They didn’t offer any form of discount; they didn’t apologize and didn’t credit the extra charges for pet. I would not recommend staying at sight; just rafting for the day. The owners and managers were terribly rude; cut me off as I tried to speak, they already had their minds made up. Working for the Ministry; my role is to support young adults, especially during this tender time the treatment was absolutely unconscionable.

Date of experience: August 2021
1  Thank JenniferStrong
Reviewed August 26, 2021 via mobile

I've been to wilderness tours 3 previous times and loved it every time. So when friends wanted to go rafting, I promised wilderness tours. It was my 4th time and definitely my last time. The staff were completely smothering and overbearing. The actual rafting was fun, but the rest of the time was pretty terrible.

The first day I fired up a small charcoal BBQ in the campground. Security came around and told me BBQ's were not allowed. If we wanted to eat, we had to purchase their food, which was ok at best. I was already eating at their restaurant for 5 other meals, I didn't want it a 6th time. Their food is mass produced cafeteria style food. Not bad, not great. It would have been nice to make our own, but apparently BBQ's in a campground are not allowed.

Later that evening we started a campfire in the firepit. Security once again showed up and told us camp fires are not permitted. There was no fire ban on, it was simply the policy of wilderness tours. Once again, completely overbearing and ridiculous, especially because the staff were having a huge party with a campfire and fireworks.

They were also extremely strict about any alcohol outside their bar. All weekend long I witnessed security hassling people for sipping on a beer, whether it was at the beach, in a field in the campground, etc. It was absolutely ridiculous and most people I spoke to had the same feelings.

It was clearly about money. They ban BBQ's so you eat in their restaurant. They ban fires so you go to their fire on their patio and buy their beers. They are strict about beer so you have to go to their bar and buy their expensive beers.

This used to be a great place, but anymore. They had me as a long time customer, but they lost me. Next summer I'll be going elsewhere, likely to Esprit. I won't be going to wilderness tours again.

Date of experience: August 2021