“Whitewater rush” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Owl Rafting (Ottawa Whitewater Leaders Rafting)

Owl Rafting (Ottawa Whitewater Leaders Rafting)
More attraction details
Owner description: OWL Rafting provides 1 and 2 Day High Adventure and Family Rafting Trips on the Ottawa River. Great Meals, Overnight Camping or Cabins, available. Other amenities include: beautiful sandy beach complete with swim dock, canoes, kayaks and SUPs for your use. Children's Play Structure, 4 Beach Volleyball Courts, Natural Maze, Sauna, Washhouse with Hot Showers.
British Columbia, Canada
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Whitewater rush”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2015

I was part of a wedding group (the only girl) that went to Ottawa for the OWL Whitewater rafting. We stayed in a cabin the night before rafting and had a fire in the common area. In the morning we had a briefing before we set off on our adventure. The guides were amazing to tell you exactly what to expect for each rapid and help you out of the water when you get thrown-like I did.
The staff seemed to really enjoy their jobs, it was like summer camp for big kids. The grounds are kept in perfect condition and offer activities for everyone including a BBQ if you stay for the weekend. I wish I had more time there and I would definitely go back in a heart beat.

Visited June 2015

Toronto, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Great time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2015

Loved it!! It was a great experience I can't wait to do again. The staff were funny, warm and welcoming. Our guide (Lars) was constantly checking to make sure we were okay, helping us feel comfortable and at ease. We had a great time and look forward to rafting again with Owl.

Sudbury, Canada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“GET READY TO SWIM”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2015

First time I have ever tried this and although I won't go back I do recommend as it was fun. Just know what your up against.
Went in the 12 person raft as I did want some excitement but didn't really want to be in the water. What I have learned is that the guide make the trip....the rest of the people in the boat also help make the trip. Our group of people were fun but not crazy which is good. Sit in the front if you like the option of going in. If you are set on going in the water go to the 6 man raft. Personally I got tossed out the large raft and it scared the heck out of me which is why I won't go back. Staff is funny....Tristen or Jamie seem like the best guides for conversation and enjoyment. They feed you on pontoon boat but it seems it is always pork so be ready. Bring DRYFIT clothing....it isn't warm and dries quickly which you will appreciate. ALL IN ALL....great day on the water and although I thought I saw the light at one point they tell me it was just the sun penetrating the water and showing me the way to surface.

1 Thank Crighton90
Owen Sound, Canada
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great Fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2015

I would highly recommend this adventure . As a family , including the Grandma ( two of us non-swimmers ), we experienced the Gentle Day trip guided by Matt C. It was a blast and I would definitely try it again . For the more confident , you have the opportunity to body surf down part of the river with supervision . The lunch mid way was tasty and the day in general one for the memory books .

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“White water weekend!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2015 via mobile

I had a group of 37 Rafters, some novice some repeats at OWL, and some completely terrified of water.
Check in was a little confusing however that was due to some lack of communication between myself and the guests, the staff in the office helped me straighten everything out to the best possible outcome. I will know better for next time.

Everyone enjoyed their time on the water, the people who were not sure about going on the water absolutely enjoyed themselves and managed to jump off the cliffs and over came some phobias.
The guides are understanding and try to make the trip as memorable as possible. Yes there is some paddling involved to get from 1 set of rapids to the next but they brief you on the next challenge, tell you a little about the area, share past experiences and start water fights with other boats to help pass the time.
The camaraderie between the different guides is fun and light hearted. I'm sure glad they are on the water again after what happened last time ;). Surfing looked like it was a ton of fun and a bunch of us are going to try that next year. Thunder dunking is definately an experience..... hold on tight and don't let go when you turn or you will be going for a swim!
All in all it was a great weekend. I believe almost everyone (including those who started out terrified of the water) want to go back next year. So the planning will begin again!
Hoping to extend our 2 day trip to at least a 3 with the fishing or tubing packages. Waiting for more information but since I've got 12 months to plan I'm not too worried yet :)

1 Thank Sandra J