“Great location, tasty food, relaxed and unpretentious”
Review of Au pied du Moulin - CLOSED

Au pied du Moulin
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 14, 2017

Stopped here for lunch during a wander around Lautrec. Very friendly, unpretentious and very tasty food.

Reviewed August 26, 2017

What a nice surprise this restaurant is. Lautrec is a bit of a tourist magnet because it is a really pretty, interesting, medieval hill village, and I assumed that it would have a low-quality, overpriced tourist restaurant as a result. Not a bit of it. The restaurant (Which is open seasonally, so check first) is set high on the hill, just below the windmill from which it takes its name.
It has informal seating under a large, permanent, wooden gazebo-type structure, to shield diners from the scorching sun.
The food was local, imaginative and delicious fine dining.

Reviewed July 4, 2017

We visited Au Pied du Moulin at lunchtime after a recommendation, and dined in the garden as it was such a beautiful day. Both members of staff were very friendly, and helped us out with our O-level French. We chose from the 19.50 menu.

Every course was beautifully presented, and delicious. The meal was faultless, as was the service. The quality of the food was far better than some other, more expensive restaurants we visited. I'm surprised at the poor reviews; the staff were attentive without being overbearing, and the timing between the courses was spot on. It's a shame we didn't get a chance to go back - I would recommend the place unreservedly.

Reviewed June 18, 2017 via mobile

Light lunch on a hot day. Unexciting experience. Popular no doubt because if location a the foot of the steep steps to reach the windmill

Reviewed July 24, 2016

We arrived at 6:45 after climbing a big hill, and were told that they were not open until 7:30. OK, I get that. We asked if there was anywhere around where we could get a drink, and were told " No" . Maybe that was language problems, because they did come up with a place. We went back at 7:30 and although the restaurant was nearly empty we were told in a nasty manner that they were all booked. Don't you think they should have a) told us that before we had to climb mount Everest again or b) have suggested a reservation when we arrived at 6:45? I do not spend my money where I am treated like this. I might add that I speak French so I did not misunderstand, and I love France and am not looking to complain. I cannot tell you about the food. Pretty setting. Plastic chairs. I'd skip.