“Would not recommend”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 28, 2018

Myself and my husband had a take a way from the new shad, it arrived over 2 hours late, called the Restruant just as it arrived chasing it up, I asked for a reduction on the price as it was so late, they asked what we wanted to pay and I said nothing, which they excepted, thank god we didn't pay it was really bad, the nan bread was really small and like old shoe leather, the chicken curry was uneatable, it went in the bin, the only nice bit of the meal was the rice and the mushroom dish, we will never again have a take a way from this restaurant. Would not recommend.

Reviewed January 26, 2018

Staff were friendly and welcoming. The food was tasty and came out nice and hot! I had Chicken Tikka Biriyani which was spectacular. I would highly recommend! The rest of the party also enjoyed their dishes (from very mild to very spicy!) and the sides we ordered were lovely. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed January 19, 2018 via mobile

Chicken shashlik was just amazing. The lamb tikka pathia was just awesome.just amazing quality. The guys are just great.
Thanks again for another beautiful night. Mark and Caroline. Seriously, think we are making it up?.. your loss. WE vote with our feet, and they walk here....

Reviewed January 17, 2018 via mobile

Went tonight with Ade and Ray banquet night great food as always love this place been using it for years local to me friendly staff good value for money

1  Thank Tracey L
Reviewed December 3, 2017

We all enjoyed our food (three of us). Tasty.
Had Lamb Biriyani, Keema Rice, Sag Chana, Kulcha Nan (never seen this bread on any other Indian restaurant menu) Kulcha Nan did'nt have enough taste to it.
Little vegetables inside it. It was only a tiny hiccup, rest of food was great.
Got complimentary drinks after settling bill, most Indians only do mints or chocolates. Brandy or Baileys to choose from.
My 4 dishes & a Cobra, 2 friends with me both had 3 dishes & a Cobra. Total bill was £67. Paid £73. Felt it was good value for what got cooked.
Will head back again to New Shad.

1  Thank Neil G