“Delicious ”

Price range: US$24 - US$55
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 13, 2020 via mobile

While staying at the JW resort we had eaten at the Chophouse the night before. It was excellent. Unfortunately we couldn’t get a reservation that night so the Crossroads was recommended to us. We attended and noticed the decor was very nice. The staff was extremely helpful and professional. We had the scallops and ribs. Both were delicious. So much so we decided to return the next night. I can say that we had the best meal at this restaurant in a very long time. It was u believable. If you are in he area and don’t attend this restaurant you have missed out. It is on the pricey side but well worth it. I can honestly say I will come back to the area just to eat here!

Date of visit: November 2020
1  Thank Pylon12
Write a reviewReviews (390)

Reviewed October 24, 2020

The headline is shouting at you for a reason. That's what you should prepare for if you decide to dine here. We were in the area for 3 days (Monday to Thursday) and wanted one special, romantic dinner out. Since the restaurant is closed Sunday - Tuesday, we planned our getaway around a relaxing meal at Crossroads on a Wednesday. We were seated in the Muskoka Room with 4 other tables, adequately spaced due to COVID and immediately noticed the volume from a group of 6 young women. I considered asking to be moved but there didn't seem to be any other space indoors and it was a chilly October evening.
The food was great and the service was delightful. Based only on those 2 factors, I would have given this place a 4/5. My date had Fried Green Tomatoes with Quebec Pork Belly followed by the Herb & Dijon Rack of Lamb. I had Mushroom Soup and the Halibut Catch of the Day. Everything was cooked to perfection and absolutely delicious. Our server was friendly, professional and extremely apologetic when we left disgusted by 2 tables of drunken foul-mouthed guests that ruined the entire experience for us and the 2 other tables of couples who, judging by their expressions, felt the same way. She tried to find a table in the main dining room but it seemed like everyone in the restaurant was yelling at each other. Maybe that's how cottage country folks in Rosseau show each other how important they are?
In any case, we took 2 pieces of the Best Pumpkin Pie Ever back to our cottage and savoured the tranquility. It's a shame when you drop $250 in an hour and a half and can't wait to get out of a place. We won't be back.

4  Thank Darcette
Reviewed October 17, 2020 via mobile

We visited this restaurant on a recommendation from a friend and were so glad we did. My husband had the duck and I had the seafood salad and both were delicious. It was cool as we sat outside but they had patio heaters and the server allowed me to bring my own throw to use for my legs. Service was friendly and attentive without being bothersome. Wouldn’t hesitate to recommend.

Reviewed October 9, 2020

I wanted to treat my wife to a beautiful fall motorcycle ride to view the Muskoka colors and i had a special treat for her with reservations at Crossroads. I booked reservations online for Oct 09 and specifically requested indoor seating because of the cool weather and we were riding our motorcycle. Crossroads was always a special destination for us for good eats. Well when we arrived for the 3:00pm seating we were walked through the empty restaurant to the covered seating area that was basically outside - and it was only 13c outside . I asked if we could sit indoors and i was directed to speak with Julie. I was told by her that i had requested Standard seating, i replied my only options through Open Table reservations were indoor or outdoor - no mention of standard seating. I asked if we could sit at the small table for two inside, i was told they were all reserved and the place will fill up - just watch, she said. Ill see what i can do as she turned her back to me and walked away. My wife was very cold so she ordered a soup and a cup of tea to try and warm up, i had an moderate app and a drink. Well at least the washroom was a good place to warm up. I was so bothered by the situation that we decided to leave and not even enjoy a full meal. On our way out i noticed that only two indoor tables had customers and that little table for two I wanted was still empty. I mentioned this to Julie and she wouldn't even acknowledge me. Needless to say we will not be back. So disappointing since we have had many great dining experiences there with friends in the past . I guess because we were on the motorcycle we were not overly welcome - not sure? . Julie i realize it must be difficult to run a restaurant but your customer service is very lacking

1  Thank paulandkrista
Reviewed October 4, 2020 via mobile

We were recommended by two people to eat here and it certainly lived up to the expectations.
The service and food was a 10!
The food was absolutely delicious. I had the duck and it was probably the best duck I’ve ever had. My husband had the pickerel and it was perfectly cooked. We shared the fries and they were to die for. Couldn’t recommend it enough. Would definitely go back again and could highly recommend this this restaurant.