“Gem in Rosseau”

Cottage Law Canteen
Ranked #2 of 5 Restaurants in Rosseau
Cuisines: Canadian
Description: We are a family run business serving the best coffee, espresso and lattes in town. We source local, non GMO and organic products whenever possible. You'll find pastries baked in house as well as fresh breakfast and lunch.
Reviewed June 17, 2018 via mobile

Just heading back to Oakville my husband and I dropped in for a late breakfast. I have celiac and sometimes it’s a problem but not here they made me what my heart desired my husband had the breakfast wrap also outstanding. One of the best cappuccinos we have had in a longtime. The owners have a great story and they are totally doing food with love

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank cutecook2013
Write a reviewReviews (44)

Reviewed October 21, 2017

Made the trip up from Brampton today to share lunch with my family here. Nowhere else in Muskoka comes close! Such a warm, friendly and casual environment and the food was outstanding as always. I LOVE the Rosseau Ruben and will keep coming back for one on a regular basis. The salads are super fresh, and the love and passion put into the service and food prep is so obvious. A true gem in Muskoka. We will return again and again! Thank you Katie and Cory! You made my/our day more special - again.

Date of visit: October 2017
2  Thank MarkJenStace
Reviewed September 10, 2017

My husband and I are on holiday from the UK and found this restaurant when we were driving through to our hotel. What a find , the food is delicious and the owners were so friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend this restaurant. The greeting outside says "Welcome enter as guests leave as friends". So true.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed September 6, 2017 via mobile

Super fresh food. Too bad they only do breakfast and lunch. The Canteen is a rare find!!super friendly and made to your order.

Date of visit: August 2017
cory w, Owner at Cottage Law Canteen, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2017

Thanks so much for your review and kind words! We always really appreciate when our guests notice how much care we take in preparing their food.
We also cater!

Reviewed August 22, 2017

We arrived for breakfast in an enormous rain storm. We took the full breakfast. A lovely location and setting, but a few problems. We weren't asked how we wanted our eggs, and got dry scrambled. Also there were only 2 very small rashers of bacon - which was a shame as the bacon was very good. 24 dollars for the two of us, including coffee, was not a bad price. Ah well, there was a great poster on anarchy on the wall that kept us amused.

Date of visit: August 2017
cory w, Owner at Cottage Law Canteen, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2017

Thanks for coming in from the rain.
I'm sorry about the dry eggs. We would have fixed them if you had told us!
Also, the menu says "eggs come poached or scrambled". You can also feel free to ask us about the items on our menu while ordering. We're a family operated cafe and do our best to serve great food and drink to all our guests.

Thanks for the review. We hope to better serve you in the future.