“Absolutely Fabulous”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Bedroom 2 (Kingsize)
Dine with a view
Shower room with toilet.
TV Lounge
Roof bedroom for children or the young at heart.
Roof bedroom 2
Maroma mountain
Lush and Green even in July
Competa.
Competa in its stunning landscape
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Lancstrav...
preston
“avoid at all costs”
Reviewed November 10, 2013 for a stay in October 2013

Me and my wife have just come back from a week in the casa de madera log cabin,
which is very poorly maintained property,
Not cleaned very well beforehand if at all,
The general safety aspect of the casa is terrible,
Contactacting the owner was unrewarding.

This was the most dirtiest place we have every stayed in, the casa cabin was insect infested
The casa log cabin was on three different levels, At the bottom there is a bedroom, tv room & shower room which you have to go down some thin slippery stone steps this area is more like a dungeon.The kitchen and the second bed room are on the middle floor and then there are two more bed room in the attic these are reached by very usafe lookng wood steps ( which we never attempted). There is no Wardrobe space at all. We found hangers but had to use the drawers in the kitchen opened to hang anything.
ouside there was no working chairs to sit on by the pool,
the pool does require cleaning.
the driive way in to the casa should read (only for the brave) this road is not for the faint hearted or for a saloon car, you really do need a 4x4 and dont try and please do not travel it at night time.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Nothing
Liked least: It all
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
13 Nov 2013
Firstly I would like to point out that after leading this couple up the house in my saloon car, I spent over half an hour showing them around the house. I left them happy and content asking them to contact me if they needed anything or had any problems.
I did, however, notice that the gentleman, who had been driving, was obviously suffering from a debilitating illness and I was therefore, surprised at their choice of location.
Secondly, I was not contacted by phone or email about any of these issues during or even after their stay and had thought that with the fantastic weather that week, that they must have enjoyed their holiday.
So you can imagine my horror and pure bewilderment when I read this malicious review full of untruthful allegations. I cannot believe that they did not have the courtesy to contact me personally and can only assume that they did not read my advert carefully, if at all, as to where the house was located and that if was spread over three floors!
As it happens if they had bothered to contact me I could have easily relocated them to our other property near the coast , which would have been much more suitable for them considering this persons condition.
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 3, 2012 for a stay in August 2012
person found this review helpful

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The Location
Liked least: Not Applicable
Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing