See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed March 1, 2017

The room was very pleasant with good wifi reception. The view from the window was unexciting, but covered by a blind. Due to an apparent mistake on the website when I booked we were given a rate which included breakfast. The hotel stood by this without demur. The breakfast was good and served in the area where we had enjoyed a very welcome free glass of mulled wine on arrival. The decoration in this area was a mixture of textures and colours including patterned wallpaper..

Room Tip: Advance booking will gain a discount. The website gives a good impression of the rooms and rates available.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank XKSue
Reviewed January 16, 2017

This is our second visit, and again we knew we had picked well. We were extremely well cared for, which is always welcome after a long tiresome journey. I suspect the hotel was not very full on a January week-night, but we shared the elegant dining room with another couple, so at least it was not noisy! Our room was very comfortable with quirky decor - though an integrated bath and shower within the room is a modern twist which takes a bit of getting used to. Dinner in the elegant dining room was very good indeed - the chef obviously has a sweet tooth which was reflected in all the courses - so we appreciated taking the final petits fours up to our room for later! The wine was a little pricey, considering the vineyard was almost next door, but it was indeed good! I hope that this may regain it's Michelin star, as everyone did their best to make it a very enjoyable visit for us which we hope to repeat.

Room Tip: Difficult to find in the dark - head for the centre of the Town.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 1, 2016

GreAt place for stop over on way down to Provence.
Warm welcome , comfortable rooms with nice individual style .
Lovely food and great wines.
Bikes available for rides around the vineyards and make sure you go to local growers to buy wine .

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AndyM4181
Reviewed July 30, 2016 via mobile

Well decorated and lovely hotel in burgundy country side with good restaurant attached.

Personal is exceptionally friendly even when you have kids.

Rooms are clean and modern. Breakfast is excellent with home made pastry

There is as well a spa

Stayed: July 2016
1  Thank dheuchs
Reviewed April 16, 2016

This is difficult My wife and I stayed here several years ago and I well remember going down to dinner in the not best of moods for reasons no longer important but being instantly won over by the excellent food and the charming hostess.

Since then we have had lunch there - still excellent - but because I face the drink/drive limitations I told my wife that despite our previous experience I was sure the hotel had improved. It was, after all, an official 'hotel' and not just a restaurant with rooms.

Well it hadn't. It was probably worse. Fancying a drink after the long drive we looked into the minibar (and let us remember we are in an establishment of a renowned chef). In it was a half bottle each of cold tea, Coco Cola, tonic water, and champaigne. That was it. So we went downstairs and asked if there was anywhere we could sit to have a drink. There wasn't but there were two chairs in the corner of the extremely dreary breakfast room. My next trip downstairs was to remind the management that they had forgotten to switch any heating on in our room, which was instantly rectified.

But the restaurant was something else even though not without its possible problems. There is only a selection of three different courses, which might not meet all tastes. For example the starters were a choice between asparagus, frogs legs, or sea urchins. The three main courses were, as I recall, milk fed veal (we Brits have a thing about this), partridge or red mullet. But what you order is only part of the story. You will also get a succession of superb additional dishes. Furthermore the cost of a meal of this quality is very reasonable. The only sad thing about it was there were only two couples in the restaurant on a Thursday night in April, which rather destroys any atmosphere.

So to conclude my rating has to be a total downer on the place as a hotel but an honest and appreciative report of the restaurant.

My advice is certainly eat there but stay elsewhere.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple