“Great Tavern Food”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Blue Mist Tavern
Reviewed October 17, 2015

Was waiting for a table at a nearby restaurant and decided to try the Blue Mist Tavern.
Typical tavern interior will NOT win any decorating awards ;-) but good solid tavern food at reasonable prices. We were offered the lunch special even though it was suppertime and it was excellent - good fish and chips(which we had) and the steak "look good" (which we did NOT have - next time).
Wait staff were great, courteous, and efficient.
Missed the Thursday night Ceilidh by one night but as Arnold says...
I'LL BE BACH.

Date of experience: October 2015

Reviewed August 10, 2015

While in Nova Scotia, we had wanted to experience a ceilidh. We were running out of time on our trip when our B&B host suggested going here. It is a nice, roomy place with something for everyone. The prices are very reasonable. I got a 2 piece fish dinner and was given an grilled option in addition to fried. Grilled was nice. My son got chicken fingers and they were as one would expect. Good amount of food for the money. Service was very friendly. A tad slow at times, but the place was packed - certainly fair enough. some 20 musicians and WAAAY more attendees. Just great. No cover charge, either.
One last thing. We were obviously out-of-towners, but we weren't treated any different from anyone else. I wouldn't really expect anything less from our friendly neighbors to the north, but it's a local place and you never know...

Date of experience: August 2015
Reviewed February 14, 2015 via mobile

Went last week with a client and had the steak. It was tasty. I had it well done and the steak was still thick enough to maintain its tenderness. Mashed potatoes were really good and hot. Had a tea biscuit too... Huge and melt in your mouth.

Reviewed August 18, 2014

Food was very tasty, but it definitely has a tavern feeling. Not a bad place for a quick bite with some friends, but I wouldn't bring my child.

Date of experience: July 2014