“Real mountain cheese”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Lovely place, quaint decor. The cured meats were not industrial and the cheese was a half wheel of good quality mountain raclette. Not cheap though : two mains and a drink set us back 60€. Cheaper than a skiing holiday I suppose... maybe for a special occasion, or a really strong cheese craving.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed November 11, 2017 via mobile

Great food, outstanding cheese.
The service was pretty good as well, keeping in mind that you rarely find in great service in France.
The Raclette traditional is what we had, the lady showed me how to use the machine and we were flying solo from there. Why I rated the place 4/5, because is way too tight, you can barely walk between the other tables. Also, the price seems much more expensive than other similar locations in Lille.
I do recommend this place, however make sure you make reservations, it gets pretty crowded around 8 pm.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed September 8, 2017

As other reviewers have noted, the decor here is decidedly odd; swiss chalet in the middle of Northern France. But the menu had a decent range (although two of the entrees we tried to order were 'off'and the range of fondues was straight out of the 1970s) and the portions were little short of enormous. The four of us shared a fromage/chacuterie platter which was excellent. The lamb shanks were huge and tasty. The staff purported to speak no English which is always a little bit of a struggle when asking about various dishes. An enjoyable experience despite this.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed August 25, 2017

We had a lovely meal here. The place has a lovely atmosphere and the staff were friendly and the food was excellent. So overall a great experience.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed May 7, 2017 via mobile

I went with a group of friends to this nice nice fondue and raclette place. It was the first time I tried fondue. The restaurant is small but cozy. The service was excellent and we got served very fast.

We all ordered fondue but a lot of the neighboring tables had raclette which also looked pretty amazing! It was served with half a wheel of cheese on a grill!

The cheese fondue was amazing! We were 7 people and we ordered 3 different kinds for sharing. Besides the basket of bread we had a nice plate of meats and salad. The whole fondue concept was new for me but it tasted amazing! A very nice selection of meat to accompany the bread and cheese. We all went home very full and happy.

The only thing I was missing was a menu in English. Being none native to France and not speaking or understanding the language, the group and I was dependent on my French bf to translate for us.

Other than that it was a perfect evening with good company and good food. I would love to do this again some time and maybe try the raclette! I should also note that this place is very popular so reserving of a table in advance seem to be the best option.

Date of visit: May 2017