Review Highlights
Northern fishing villages

Heidi in the Christmas house Heidi invites all into her Christmas house for home made waffles... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
117DeniseO
Bracklesham Bay, United Kingdom
via mobile
A must see on the way to the northkapp

A great quick easy and beautiful trail. Easy to find and the view is great:) if you have some... read more

Reviewed September 24, 2018
M_Maccabi
via mobile

All reviews waffles fishing village christmas decorations christmas house day trip our tour guide sob story north cape heidi church hike scenery decline gifts cruise photos shop
Reviewed October 6, 2015

in small print was an alternative excursion i asked the chap in charge of the excursions from the hurtigruten front desk and they told me about meeting heidi and a fishing village.
everyone else in fact 3 busloads were going to the north cape.. which everyone was doing
... i thought to myself have an alternative.. there are so many photos on the internet
and so many people there.. give myself a break
let us see skarsvag.. and meet heidi.. and her christmas house but
visit this last remaining village .. so far north and see what it was like
to live there.. am so glad i did.

1  Thank linfame
Reviewed September 28, 2015

As it was snowing when we visited from a cruise ship .As a key stage One teacher I recognised it from the Geography programme Barney Bear goes to Norway from many years ago !!!Our tour guide lived in the village and was very informative and helpful .I like the idea of lighting the windows .
Also went to see the Christmas house but didn't like it as it was far too busy and the owner not very friendly she was rude to some fellow passengers so I didn't have the waffles !!

Reviewed September 15, 2015

It was the only place, which was open in September. It was also the only place to have food that day we where there at the area.

1  Thank 846leilal
Reviewed September 14, 2015

This is a remote and peaceful place. Wandering round the small bay and watching the local fishermen mending their nets takes you back to a different age. The folk are friendly but many of the older folk don't speak English but hey I don't speak Norwegian! You get a feeling of how hard life is. Our guide gave us a tour, explaining about the houses and history, and then left us to wander. It is such a beautiful place - not touristy at all. We also went to Heidi's Christmas House. It is a small place jam packed full of local crafts, and all things Christmassy. The folk serving were wonderful. They couldn't do too much for you as they packed gifts up and explained who had made them. The cafe, although small, served fantastic waffles and coffee and everyone was very friendly.

1  Thank LMO14
Reviewed August 9, 2015

I beautiful place with scenery that is amazing! Easy to reach and you can spend much time there! Stones in different shapes and forms and of course Kirkeporten as well!! It is worth a visit!!