“Fantastic service and great steak ”
Review of Cocktails & Steaks

Cocktails & Steaks
Ranked #11 of 21 Restaurants in Uddingston
Reviewed July 26, 2017 via mobile

Our last night in Glasgow and the family took us out for dinner. My scallops for entree were seared and complimented by the mango sauce. The steak was slightly salty but absolutely perfectly cooked and melt in your mouth rib eye with red wine jus. The service was excellent and the owners are really putting the effort in to making sure they accommodate their guests. A great night for us all.

Management response:Responded August 2, 2017

Dear Guest,

We were delighted to have you dine with us at Cocktails and Steaks. I do hope you can visit us again on your next trip to Scotland for another melt in the mouth Rib Eye.

Thank you for leaving a fabulous review it means a lot to the team.

Reviewed July 21, 2017

Had the best steak lovely place cocktails service staff all just supered. We were in Scotland visiting our grandson and his partner, and this place is top of the list to visit on our next trip.
If you haven't been yet you just got to go.

Management response:Responded August 2, 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely review we are delighted you enjoyed your visit, we hope on your next visit to Scotland you can come and dine with us again.

Reviewed July 15, 2017

My first visit to this beautifully decorated restaurant. Fabulous food and friendly service. We had the Market Menu 2 courses for £13.95. The steak burger was delicious, I would recommend a portion of the pepper sauce, and the homemade sticky toffee pudding was to die for, Will be back.

1  Thank K4TP
Management response:Responded July 19, 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, we are delighted to be part of the local community and are thrilled you enjoyed our offerings.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed July 12, 2017 via mobile

Went on 2 occasions, 1st as a couple then with friends a month later. Must I say that this is such a spectacular fit-out of a restaurant. I think it previously was a newspaper shop & it really is hard to believe its transformation - everything is perfect. I have no major complaints with the food - steaks are tasty enough and the pepper sauce I got was outstanding to taste... although the starters could have a lot better choice/variety - as the chef certainly does know his stuff... The staff are nice enough & courteous and the toilets are impeccable. My only concern is that it is just too pricey for an Uddingston restaurant (steaks being same price as Butchershop in Glasgow which has been open for many years) - so maybe the owner should consider this...We ate both times from a la cartel menus so can't really comment on if the Lunch/Pre-theatre menus are good value...All-in-all lovely restaurant to sit in & tasty food but a tad too pricey for uddingston. Our friends who live nearby Cocktails & Steaks said that they would definitely go back time & time again if the owners take another look at the pricing of the steaks & think about "reducing" them.

Management response:Responded July 19, 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely feedback regarding our dining offering, we strive to provide the finest locally sourced produces at a competitive price. Your feedback has been passed to our Chefs and we do hope to see you soon.

Reviewed July 10, 2017

Was there yesterday, live in the area and wanted to give it a try. The food was excellent, but portion sizes were a bit mean. Chateaubriand was superb, but could offer chips as well as two sides. Waiting staff were poor, I expect they need training, but I was bumped 3 times, my starter arrived way before the others (who were having soup!), not the quickest, and we left without any acknowledgment from staff/owner. great potential but I will be giving it at least 6 months before I am back, to allow them to get "up to speed".

1  Thank PJNVII
Management response:Responded July 12, 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted you enjoyed the locally sourced produce at Cocktails & Steaks.

We do take all feedback seriously in order to continuously monitor and improve standards and have a continued development plan for our new team.

We look forward to your visit in the future as we strive to be a part of the local community for many years to come.