“Great Steak!”
Review of Cocktails & Steaks

Cocktails & Steaks
Ranked #12 of 21 Restaurants in Uddingston
Reviewed November 12, 2017 via mobile

A cool vibe, and friendly helpful staff. Tomahawk Steak was immense - perfectly cooked... Drinks were good too!

Susan S, Manager at Cocktails & Steaks, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2017

Thank you for your review on your recent visit.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your dining experience here with us at Cocktails and Steaks.

It is great to hear that the drinks and food was to your liking and that you particularly enjoyed one of our Chefs Special Cuts.

All of our guests feedback is greatly important to us therefore i will be sure to pass all your great comments on the rest of the team.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed November 4, 2017 via mobile

Had a great meal tonight . Lovely decor, lovely food with good service. Can’t fault that ...... while all this was spot on I still felt it was just over priced.... three of us, no starter, no deserts.... 2 steaks, 1 burger, 1 glass wine, 1 g’n t, 2 sides, 2 soft drinks £93. Lovely place, doing it well just overpriced for what it is and where it is .... worth a visit tho .

Thank you for your review on your recent visit.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your meal with us here at Cocktails and Steaks and that you received great service from our Front of House Team.

It is great to hear that the food was to your liking. Our Chefs take pride in providing the very best quality of meat for our Burgers and Steaks which does therefore reflect the prices on our menu.

Our guests feedback is greatly important to us for us to ensure our guests have the best experience when visiting us therefore your comments will be passed on the rest of the team.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed November 3, 2017 via mobile

2nd visit here . 1st one was not as bad although I did provide feedback and got no reply ... anyway thought I’d give this place another go. Ordered a drink and waited 15 minutes for it .. it was brought to the table at the same time as the wine to go with the meal and water so all got a bit busy on the table for 2 .

Starter arrived ... crab cake was tasteless and baked Camembert was solid in the middle and was sent back. Waitress offered a glass of Prosecco as an apology which we declined as was flat the last time we ordered this .

Mains were nice. I had lamb and my partner had the chicken .

The waitress could see I was unhappy and after brief conversation the manageress arrived .

In my opinion this lady has zero customer service skills . She apologised and asked me what I thought the waitress should have offered as an alternative to the Prosecco....

I told her the crab cake was tasteless however this was still charged on the bill.

I have booked this for 4 people for my birthday in December which I will now cancel .

Service is shocking with untrained staff and manageress has no customer care skills. She said they were a server down however she spent 20 mins talking to diners that she obviously knew . Surely if you were a server down you would muck in to help your colleagues out !

If you want to charge city centre prices then you must provide city centre quality and standard .

100% will not be back.
Angels 100% better value & service

1  Thank Anne50Glasgow

Thank you for your review on your recent visit.

I am extremely dissapointed to read that you did not enjoy your meal with us here at Cocktails and Steaks with regards to the food and service.

I can only apologise that your starters were not to your liking and that you were left dissapointed with your overall dining experience.
Our guests feedback is greatly important to us in order for us to continue to make improvements where possible and taken very seriously by our Management Team.
Please if you would like to pass your feedback on further do not hesitate to contact us on info@cocktailsandsteaks.co.uk.

Again please accept my apologies that you did not enjoy your meal.

Reviewed October 29, 2017 via mobile

Worst dining experience in years. Grumpy, disinterested waitress didn’t exactly set the mood. Ordered 4 steaks, 3 were badly overdone, one with wrong chips. 2 sent back, replacements were disgustingly salty and both with wrong sauces. Even forgot to bring back fresh cutlery. Gave up at that point, dinner ruined. Manageress was then trying to negotiate a bill with us and moaning about her “profit margin”. Bad service and bad food doesn’t deserve profit or negotiations on the bill.

We’re local and will never be back. Certainly be warning friends and family away. Go into Glasgow and go to one of the many excellent steakhouses instead.

5  Thank Angus P
Susan S, Manager at Cocktails & Steaks, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2017

Thank you for your review on your recent visit.

I am extremely dissapointed to read that you did not enjoy your dining experience with us with regards to the service and food served.

I can only apologise that the issues you have raised meant that you were left dissapointed with your visit.

I can assure you that our guests feedback is very important to us as we strive to ensure we always provide the very best service to our guests and that we continue to make improvements.

Please if you would like to pass your feedback on further do not hesitate to contact our Management Team on info@cocktailsandsteaks.co.uk.

Reviewed October 28, 2017 via mobile

Out with some friends for dinner. Nice interior and good starters and then the comedy began. 2 steaks out of 4 had to be sent back as very overcooked. 2 New steaks arrived with the wrong sauce no cutlery and so over salted they had to be sent back again. Gave up at this point and got the bill and not too impressed at how that was handled as made to feel that the poor steaks where somehow our fault. Wine was taken of the bill after some discussion but poorly handled. Very pricey and not at the standard of many other good steak restaurants in Glasgow. Won't be back.

4  Thank RS4321

Thank you for your review on your recent visit.

I am extremely dissapointed to hear that you did not enjoy your overall dining experience and that your food served did not meet expectations.

I can only apologise for your experience on this occasion. Our guests feedback is greatly important to us in order for us to continue to make improvements where possible.

Please if you would like to pass your feedback on further do not hesitate to contact our management team on info@cocktailsandsteaks.co.uk.