All reviews safari tent home billabong mary river air conditioned billabong cruise day tour national park airboat tour ceiling fan sunset drinks bar area habitat room top end stayed nights dinner menu excellent food northern territory
Reviewed October 19, 2017

My husband and I spent several delightful days at the Wildman Wilderness Lodge during our recent trip to Australia. Our spacious, well-appointed room contained a beautiful en suite shower and a deck outside our sliding door provided an awesome place to watch Australian sunsets. A walk to the lodge for dinner included sightings of many birds and walibies. The main lodge has several options for entertainment-a beautiful infinity pool, a lounge for cocktails, an outdoor fire pit and deck where we gathered with friends to enjoy a glass of wine, and a restaurant complete with gourmet chef. During our time at Wildman, we also took advantage of the opportunity to take an afternoon excursion on the Mary River where we saw both "freshies" and saltwater crocodiles. Wildman is also located near another billabong and guests can go on nature hikes from the lodge with guides. The hosts of the lodge were warm and personable, visiting with us and attending to every detail to ensure we had everything we needed for a fabulous stay. I highly recommend Wildman Wilderness Lodge to anyone who wants to have a stellar outback experience!!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the cabins and loved the luxury. For those who want the tent experience, this is also an option.
Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Bruce T
Reviewed October 18, 2017

It's so unique experience to stay in Wildman, just like living in the zoo with Wallabies, birds and even crocodies. Tents are African style glamping, so spacious with good view.

The first day was all about relax. We saw fire with sunset and enjoyed the indigenous foods, such as buffalo and kangaroo. Then we did some tours, billabong cruise and sundown and Airboat. The airboat is expensive but worthy to see the whole mary river wetland.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed October 15, 2017

This is a nature lovers destination. We went on the home billabong cruise and counted 16 crocs! At the front of our habitat each afternoon there would have been about 10 wallabies and plenty of bird life. The hotel also has free bikes you can use whenever you want. Staff were really friendly. Good wine selection and meals were great. Would definitely return.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the air conditioned habitats
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank eileeniwik
Reviewed October 1, 2017

I don't know where to start here, there is just too much to complain about. From feeling like not your not invited but I will change you some serious change. Staff are all backpackers which are there. just to extent there time in Aus. Pm meal was fine, although they couldn't wait to get rid of us. I did expect a swist on the cuisine we served, we are in the wilderness. And breakfast was pretty dull, to say the least.
The glamp tent fan didn't work as well as I would have liked it, luckily ther was a free standing fan so we could put that next to the bed. Did I mention the frogs in the room, I'm not a frog lover and don't appreciate sharing my environment with them. Partner moved them outside but being territorial, they come back!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 01jms
Reviewed September 10, 2017

This is an expensive premium based property, but did not deliver to our expectations. Whilst the rooms are pleasant, the grout on the floor tiles was falling out, the shower had mould growing up the tiles and there is no service telephone to contact the office. If you need a private toilet the design did not put doors in the bathroom, so open the wardrobe doors! Room air conditioning is pretty average if you want to lie down during the day. he WiFi is only available in the main building which is fine but it does not work well at all.
As for the food, it was very poor, the staff whilst friendly, are not well trained in hospitality. our dinner was very disappointing, my barramundi was dried out, over cooked and the version of grilled was fried! Breakfast buffet was almost totally depleted at 9am, my egg white omelette was the worst I have had. My son ordered scramble eggs with tomato and capsicum and a slab of two halves of a capsicum and half a tomato came with it!
Everything had a price....certainly not a premium experience and very disappointing. Cicada Lodge sets the international standard in this area.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family