“Better then most in the area”
Review of The J V Restaurant

The J V Restaurant
Reviewed July 6, 2016

Good selection on menu, daily specials. Good waitresses/waiters. A sports bar/pub with lots of TV's.

1  Thank Reginalady

Reviewed December 29, 2015

My wife and I stopped in here just after Christmas 2015 for a quick dinner while on the road. I had a bacon mozza burger, my wife had a roast beef hot sandwich. We both had tossed salads.

While the food tasted good and fresh, we both sadly got ill that evening. As we had barely eaten anything else that day (long day on the highway) I can't see it being anything else we had eaten.

Otherwise it was a good experience. The waitress was friendly and made sure our drinks were filled, etc. However, we won't be stopping here again.

1  Thank Bill W
Reviewed July 12, 2015

On a return road trip stopped at this restaurant for brunch/lunch. It was packed with locals and travellers, which for me is a good indication the food would be good. Our choices were egg based and they were fine, you can't really ruin a Denver sandwich and fried eggs. The menu offered many choices, soups, pizzas, mains and a chalk board of pies - home made. I didn't try them but others around me did and they looked like real pies, if you know what I mean. I would recommend this restaurant to travellers.

Reviewed March 18, 2015

Whenever I'm driving by I always stop and pick up supper on the way home. Pizza is awesome. Dry ribs and Caesar salad to die for. Same owners forever! Thanks.

2  Thank Powpin4
Reviewed July 11, 2014

If you're traveling along the Trans Canada Hwy., make sure you stop in Indian Head at The JV Restaurant located in the Esso Station. Indian Head is just East of Regina. We had an order of dry ribs and a mushroom, ham and green pepper pizza, barely saving room for the warm, homemade rhubarb and strawberry pie, a la mode. All were delicious but the pizza was to die for. Generous amount of toppings with a thick pan fried crust. I asked them if they would deliver to Winnipeg (no luck). There's a tasty ice cream stand across the street (++ flavours), a bakery (too full to go there) and camping nearby.

1  Thank g0lfgirl16