Travelocity
Orbitz.com
eDreams
StayForLong
All reviews cricket field large car park evening meal lovely location beer garden main road full english bar area one night stay superior room the pub both nights brook cirencester dawn village dog
Selected filters
Reviewed June 5, 2021

So we booked this place for our wedding which was rescheduled twice due to covid. Our date was September 2021. The place closed for refurbishment and told us it would be ready for our wedding. They then stopped all communication. I had to go to the place and speak to the site manager to get contact details! After a lot of calls and emails we were told they had no knowledge of our booking and it wouldn't be open for our wedding. Everything has been arranged and we now have to cancel everything and lose money aswell as being very upset. They have agreed to pay our deposit back but we will see. Disgusting behaviour by the owners (grosvenor pubs).

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Fiona H
Reviewed October 29, 2020

Upgraded the day before to a superior room. Massive bed, comfy, and great view. Tea/coffee, biscuits in the room. Clean and fresh bathroom and bedroom. Fresh towels and bedding left daily as for Covid reasons the staff were not allowed access to clean. Food was outstanding. We eat there on two nights. The prices are not cheap but neither are they unreasonable. Wine by the glass and cocktail's a bit steep I felt. The quality of food was very high. Good portions, well presented and very tasty. Staff were generally very good. One waitress was fantastic in particular - friendly, smiley and offered some toast with the cooked breakfast although it should have been a chargeable extra. The other waitress was fine but shown up a bit by her colleague; efficient but lacked warmth and looked visibly disappointed both times we wanted a pre-drink in the bar area before being seated. No extra offered at breakfast by her. My only other issue is that there was a smelly drain problem in the reception area but I assume this was a one off and wont get repeated. It did not affect my enjoyment of the hotel and as shown by my 5 stars I would go back in a shot.

Room tip: Worth upgrading if you can afford it
Reviewed October 27, 2020

Hearing of a new Head Chef since February, we've been looking forward to visiting. We popped in for lunch today and was pleasantly surprised.

The food was outstanding. We ordered the 'lunch offer' of £10 for a sandwich, soup & chips. Presented beautifully, packed full of flavour and clearly made with very fresh ingredients.

It's obvious they have spent a lot of time and thought over the current COVID regulations, with smartly designed partitions, table positions and attention to cleanliness, offering a comfortable and safe space to dine.

The evening menu looks great so have booked in to return soon for dinner.

Highly recommend.

2  Thank bozlorr
Reviewed October 25, 2020 via mobile

Where do I begin, the minute I entered the room and looked around I noticed flies and alot of bugs on the curtains and windows, I spoke with reception staff and said that nothing they could do, so gave benefit of the doubt and then I ordered food to then be refused cutlery so I had to cancel my food.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank 762christallap
Reviewed October 25, 2020 via mobile

We have not been here in quite a long time and were not disappointed. A very warm welcome by the staff which matched the warmth of the dining area. We all decided to have steaks which were cooked to our individual taste and beautifully presented accompanied by a very good red wine. Desserts were excellent. In all a great evening out was a fine tonic in these not so wonderful times. We are definitely returning in the near future.

Trip type: Travelled with friends