See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed July 26, 2010

We were extremely displeased with the state and disarray of our hotel room. The sheets were not clean and the room had a very unpleasant stale odor. The room was not worth the $130 USD and, after travelling Nic, I would suggest the rate should have properly fallen somewhere in the $70 USD range. The setting was not at all spectacular. Despite the “all inclusive” menu, a number of items were excluded. The food, at best, mediocre.

I would definitely not entertain staying at this hotel again. I would, however, absolutely commend the hotel staff on their service and zest.

Date of stay: July 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2010

The hotel website represents the place well but once you visit in person, you can see some deficiencies that are hard to forgive. The beach bungalows are cute, a little outdated, very small rooms. I should have rented the whole bungalow since the lower unit was pretty crammed. Bed was comfortable, but the sheets and towels were so old and stain. In the middle of the night water came from under the foundation and we got an inch of so of rain water. I decided to cut short my stay since I was not too happy with the overall cleanness and upkeep of the bungalow. They do charge quite bit so I am not expecting to walk in a pool of water at midnight. I reported my concerns to the front desk but they did not even apologize for our water flooding issue. The gardens and outside areas received more care. Great pools, and outdoor areas for kids to play. Food is decent and prices are a good deal. In general, this place has tons of potential but they should up the quality since they charge large.

Date of stay: July 2010
Reviewed March 8, 2010

The pictures on the internet were obviously touched up, but the place itself was quite nice anyway. It was clearly "beach" first and "resort" second, but the setting was nice and the service outstanding. It was very hard to find or get to, and unless you are part kamikaze, I would not recommend driving yourself. Some guests had clearly arranged airport transfers from Managua for the 1 1/2 - 2 hour drive to the coast.

Be sure to get an upstairs bungalow for a bit more privacy, then relax and enjoy the all-inclusive service. Drinks and very good food are available on a near-continuous basis. Be sure to arrange in advance for some of the dishes (not all of the ones that require advance notice are listed that way on the menu). Also, most of the drinks are from mixes; the macua was fine, but the mojito was sub-standard.

There were other foreigners there (both US & German for sure), but there seemed to be a number of well-to-do locals as well, which gave the place a more genuine (and less antiseptic) feel than the nearby Barcelo Montelimar resort.

The one down-side was the very loud karaoke competition and subsequent outdoor disco. Sleep before midnight is not likely.

Date of stay: March 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2009

We stayed here for 2 weeks of which a couple of days alone in the hotel.
Great place to get away from the stress of life?
No warm water hmmm problem?
All inn formula is no buffet but a la carte and i must say the beef and fish were excellent.
Breakfast is poor.
Free internet,only in restaurant.
Friendly staff.
A long way from managua.
Great beach,great surf.
Family from Belgium, we flew with delta airlines,never again.THIS SUCKS
Next time with Iberia.

Date of stay: December 2008
1  Thank hayabusa1964
Reviewed July 9, 2009

A thief came into our room late at night, where we were staying with our 1 yr. old daughter. We reported it to the night watchmen, but the next day to my surprise nobody came to repair the doors which did not close properly, or to check how we were or if anything had bee taken.
The staff was not only badly trained buy totally apathetic. Later back home I wrote them an email reporting the incident but never got an answer, much less an apology!!!

Date of stay: August 2008