“Well worth your time”

Orwell Corner Historic Village
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Orwell
Reviewed 29 July 2017

Charming historic village, a step back in time. Old buildings and very friendly people, bring the old days back to life!

1  Thank darvo
"horses"
"corner"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 26 July 2017

We enjoyed our visit to this historic village. It's not very big but houses some pretty buildings including a shop, a school house and a church. We had a chance to have a chat with the blacksmith which was fun. All on-site staff wear period costumes .Great location for kids and families. Beautiful setting. Very enjoyable .

3  Thank Car01777
Reviewed 29 June 2017

Initial entrance is an old barn with old machinery. The buildings are the other side of the barn and include a church, school house and store. The woman in the store was very informative. Also, some live animals i.e. horses, goats, pigs and chickens. I saw the horses being brought out to be harnessed to do some work. Very peaceful wandering around the buildings. You need comfy shoes to walk over the grass to the buildings. I would like to have bought a coffee and relaxed in the village but there is no cafe. I visited on a dry day but you would need an umbrella to walk between the buildings on a wet day.

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

We visited here while on a recent trip to PEI. This was a pleasant surprise, the village isn't huge but there were a nice variety of buildings that have been nicely restored.

We especially enjoyed the live animals that were on the property.

We really enjoyed our visit here as it shows a clear depiction of life on the island in the late 1800's and early 20th century.

1  Thank mjswansona
See more reviews
Reviewed 4 February 2017

I showed up at this historic village on a solo trip not expecting too much, but was so pleasantly surprised1

The actual village is larger than I expected, with several buildings and a seasonal tea room/restaurant.
I arrived first thing after they opened, and was the only visitor for about half an hour. It was a little eerie being the only one around, but it was nice to have the place to myself to explore--I suggest getting there early and getting right out to the village grounds. This is well set-up, so you are able to take your time and wander around as you please. There are tables and benches available if you're interested in picnicing.

I was surprised at how many buildings and parts of Victorian life the historic village touched on. Seeing the livestock, like adorable ponies, goats, and chickens, on the farm was an unexpected surprise!

Once returning to the museum's main building, where tickets are purchased, there's an interesting exhibit on farming history with a variety of old tools. I suggest doing this part second--you want to make sure you have ample time in the historic village itself.

As Orwell is not really at the center of things, it was worth it to make it one destination on my driving trip. I also stopped off at Macphail Park just down the street, but on the week I was there, it was unfortunately closed.
On my way there, I stopped at Tea Hill Beach, which was a red-sand beach that was empty and was a great spot for some beautiful scenery photos.

1  Thank rosyreader