“Home cooked Sunday Roast!”
Review of The Bear Inn

The Bear Inn
Ranked #3 of 23 Restaurants in Llantrisant
Price range: US$9 - US$21
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: We are a Pub /Restaurant serving home cooked reasonably priced meals Thurs Fri and Sat pm 6pm -9pm and Sat and Sun lunch 12 -3pm. The pub is open 7 nights a week for drinks and all day weekends.The pub is available for private hire for all functions mon -Fri during the day We have a large beer garden which is suitable for families and is dog friendly. The pub dates back to 1780 and still retains a lot of its original character with an open fire in the bar area It is a warm friendly pub welcoming to everyone.
Reviewed May 30, 2016 via mobile

Having been to The Bear Inn several times for Sunday lunch, I felt it necessary to write a review to let others know how good it is!
If you're looking for a proper 'home-cooked' Sunday roast....this is your place!!
Several choices of meat and all the trimming as well as delicious desserts.....great value and brilliant food. The staff are always so friendly and helpful too!

2  Thank MurrayJayde

Reviewed April 27, 2016

This is our number one choice for Sunday dinner. The carvery is excellent, always cooked to perfection and diners are served with a side dish of freshly cooked veg. The two course dinner, including desserts is less than tenner. Local (very) beers are available and the staff are lovely.

Reviewed April 27, 2016

My comments are limited to the two times I've used this local gem. On both occasions I went here it was a Thursday, I believe, and the whole pub was all mine. Service was polite and friendly from the attractive young lady who served me. The pints were superb, me being a real ale fanatic. A real pub atmosphere is a great plus. The food - First time I had the large gammon, and made the mistake of ordering garlic bread. Second time I tried the home made pie, and made the mistake of ordering chips. Both times I struggled to walk out, because I didn't want to leave a morsel. The food was amazing to say the least. And very,very generous portions. So now, I'm planning a day off my schedule to go back and stuff myself to the limit again. Excellent memory of fantastic pub food. See you soon, Bear Inn, I promise.

Date of visit: May 2015
Reviewed April 13, 2016 via mobile

Me and the rest of my family have been going to the beat for years and we are still fascinated by how good the food is. I'm not a big fan of the menu but I have only ever eat on the actual menu once the rest of the time we only went on Sunday's. If you live near the llantrisant area please come here!

Reviewed April 1, 2016 via mobile

The only thing better than the food is the fantastic customer service. During the week and on the weekend the food is top notch and the atmosphere is great. Highly recommended.