“Lovely room”

The Polkadot Teapot
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Llantrisant
Reviewed April 22, 2017

We went here for a light lunch and were greeted by very friendly staff. The decor is very sweet and appealing with all the old fashioned crockery around. Our savoury dishes of sandwiches and soups were delicious so we decided to try some cakes. The salted caramel cake was soft and tasty. The carrot cake,however, was not like any carrot cake we had ever had before and was not very nice. We saw another table having an afternoon tea and would like to go back to try that as it looked lovely.

Reviewed April 17, 2017 via mobile

Have been to the polka dot quite a few times - such amazing cakes and quiches. The salted caramel is delicious and a favourite with my family, we have even ordered a whole one for a celebration. Also fab bespoke cakes for birthdays etc which I could not recommend highly enough keep it up polka dot!

1  Thank Rosiehutton
Reviewed April 15, 2017

Went here with my daughter-in -law and my granddaughter for an early Mother's day treat.The staff were lovely and so friendly. They even popped out to get some orange juice for my granddaughter as they had run out and then put the juice in her china cup to make it 'special'. The sandwiches and cakes were scrumptious and plentiful. I couldn't believe how much we ate. I would not hesitate to recommend the tearooms.

Reviewed March 22, 2017

We had a warm welcome here on a cold wet day. It's a very interesting tea room.
Pretty china and decor make the room colourful.
Delicious scones and cakes and very good tea at a reasonable price.

Reviewed March 11, 2017 via mobile

Today my mum and I were booked in for afternoon tea and what a delightful experience it was .the staff are friendly and attentive the sandwiches were fresh and tasty the cakes what can I say about the cakes the sponges were light and smooth the cheesecake (which by the way I don't normally eat ) was creamy not too sweet just right and the scones were light and had plenty of fruit in them .I cannot recommend the polkadot tearooms enough a lovely afternoon in a lovely old village .