See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed October 28, 2016

I've got lucky as the hotel occurs to be just opened after renovation. Everything is new and clean. The staff is proud of the new appearance of the site, and everybody tries his/her best to make the visitors happy. I often visit Orleans for few days, and used to stay in many economy-class hotels in the area. This one at the moment is definitely the best one. I sincerely wish the owners and the staff to keep it this way!

Room tip: First floor is better than the ground
Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed June 17, 2016 via mobile

Be warned. We booked this a few months ago as an overnight stay on our journey down south, only to arrive to find out it's not even open! There were what we presume were workmen messing around in the grounds and it was clear through the windows that this wasn't anywhere near open. And despite us having a reservation we hadn't been notified of it closing.

Date of stay: June 2016
1  Thank adejohnleader
Reviewed November 30, 2014

This hotel wasn't as bad as i expected. You pay your bill before you get to the room which i don't like.The room was tiny but clean.the bed wasn't very comfortable and there was a Cigarette burn on the bed cover. the bathroom had very old faucets. The walls were paper thin and you can hear everything. The staff was nice the area was calm. free wifi and a free parking place were included. If you need a hotel room on a budget keep your expectations low and go for it.

Date of stay: October 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed June 19, 2012

The first thing that needs saying is that you get what you pay for. Obvious but true. I paid 39 Euros and for that I got a clean room for the night. Arguably, you shouldn't expect much more. And so I didn't. Which meant the free wifi access (though I had to go out of my way to ask for the access code, which was a bit annoying) and the apparently recently refurbished bathroom were a decent bonus.

OK, so what wasn't great? Firstly (and I'm squeamish about talking about below-the-waist stuff, but that's what matters, right?), in refitting the bathroom, they have made a basic architectural error, which means you can't quite put the toilet seat up. Silly and annoying. Of course, there's barely enough room to sit down and shut the door, so sharers, watch out! (By the way, I was in room 217, so your experience may vary).

The bed was sheets and blankets, rather than a quilt. This is mainly standard and probably helps with hygiene, but not my favoured bedding. There was the obligatory tired bedspread that makes you wonder how any hotel can not replace regularly to at least give the appearance of freshness.

Sound insulation was a bit of an issue. I don't think there was anyone next door, but there was definitely someone upstairs who snored.

Final "difficulty" was the absence of a lift, so watch out if you have heavy bags.

But I'll repeat: you get what you pay for. And this is to all intents a cheap motel in cheap motel territory. It's like a Motel 6 or a Super 8. They don't have lifts either.

If you're lucky (and I kind of felt I was) you'll get a decent night's sleep in a spotless room. Having a tiny TV to watch should be seen for what it is - about right for what you're paying.

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed October 5, 2011

My wife and I and 2 dogs stayed at Hotel Acadie for one night on our way from Calais to Limousin. We booked through Booking.com and got a great price with no charge for the dogs. Room was small but on the ground floor with its own front door onto the car park, like in a motel, which was ideal for us. Location is on a trading estate south of Orleans which is where we wanted to be for a quick getaway in the morning. Receptionist was very helpful and there are 3 restaurants close by (hotel restaurant was closed on Sunday). Breakfast was overpriced for what it offered.

Room tip: Ask for ground floor if you have pets.
Date of stay: September 2011