See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed June 12, 2018

After a long day in the rain, our SatNav pointed us to Campanile, Saran.

Being a first-time user of this particular hotel chain, we didn't know what to expect but imagined it would be along the lines of Ibis.

Checking in was straight-forward and shown to our motel-style rooms. As I opened the door, a musty aroma hung in the air which wasn't too pleasant. Also, there was a faulty flickering wall light which should have been picked up by the cleaners and fixed. Although I'm not particularly fussy, it did for the night. Had I been with my family, I would have requested an alternative room.

We stopped at the hotel's bar for a drink before heading off to a nearby restaurant.

The following morning we didn't stay for breakfast as had to be on the road early. As we came to check-out, the card machine was not working correctly (and I didn't carry cash). After several attempts and persistence, the card terminal did work but did delay us getting on the road.

While the location is good while travelling through France, the hotel could be better.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
KevinP456844, Directeur général at Campanile Orleans Saran, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2018

In a constant way of improvement, our guest’s opinions are always important.
We understand that this situation have troubled your stay, and we are sorry for this.

Reviewed April 2, 2018

We have stayed here several times as the location is perfect for a stopover on a long trip. The last time we stayed we thought the standard had gone down but that maybe it was just a blip. However, our room smelt strongly of cigarette smoke. There was no hot water, only a few seconds of warm before it went cold. The hair drier didn't work, the bathroom door handle was loose and there was nothing to hang the towels on. The pillows were lumpy and the mattress was old and grubby. So, obviously not a blip. A pity but we won't stay there again.

Date of stay: March 2018
KevinP456844, Directeur général at Campanile Orleans Saran, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2018

Reviewed January 12, 2018

After staying in 2 star hotels due to having a dog, we expected a bit more luxury in 3 star and for 30 euros more. Instead we got a room that smelt of bio and smoke, a shower door that didn’t stay closed, so water went everywhere and was noisy outside. Also pillows were so soft it was pointless having any. wish we had stuck to 2 star Ibis hotel to be honest

Room tip: Avoid this hotel
Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 161carolinej
Reviewed October 28, 2017

I’m not going to be one of those people that moan about their stay to try and get a discount for the next stay.
I’ve stayed with campanile a few times now on my return drive from Spain, usually I can’t fault them, but this hotel isn’t up to their usually high standard.
The staff were great, and I couldn’t fault the food.
The room was clean and tidy, but it did look tired.
The flooring hadn’t been finished so there was a gap between the tiles and the bath, the shower heads looked like they had celebrated a few birthdays and I think some of the spiders needed evicting as they’d been there for a while.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Campanile.com - Louvre Hotels Group
KevinP456844, Directeur général at Campanile Orleans Saran, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2018

Reviewed September 23, 2017

Stayed here for 1 night on way home from holiday. It was a clean and fairly comfortable room and walking distance to restaurant so overall a good stay but...
I left my kindle paperwhite on the bed (where I had fallen asleep reading it) and remembered about 3 hours after leaving the hotel, which was only about 10 am. Immediately sent an email to hotel, certain that the housekeeping staff would have found it and was somewhat dismayed to find that my kindle was apparently not in the room! Despite my assurance that I was 100% certain and several emails, I was told by the manager that he would check with the staff but I did not ever hear back from him. I must therefore question the honesty of the staff.

Date of stay: August 2017
KevinP456844, Directeur général at Campanile Orleans Saran, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2017

Hello,

Thank you for your return which allows us to improve every day.
    Yes, after several searches in your room when reporting your forgetfulness, we could not find anything in your room.
   This kind of incident has not yet occurred in our establishment with a team present for many years, we are sincerely sorry.
    We constantly find appliances in the rooms like telephones or other computer that we restore of course.

Kevin P. General Manager