All reviews buffet dinner good size short stay pleasant stay great breakfast northern lights hotel room reception staff paid parking shopping street central location following morning stayed two nights swimming pool small town upon check northern norway
Reviewed March 13, 2018

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with ScandicHotels.com
301manager, Front Office Manager at Scandic Alta, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2018

Reviewed March 9, 2018

The hotel gives an impression of not being a part of nor proud of what Alta has to offer; the museum and the church . Tourist office time is not enough. Neither are general (beautiful, but often seen) posters.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with ScandicHotels.com
301manager, Front Office Manager at Scandic Alta, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2018

Hi! Thank you for your feedback, im sorry you feel that way, hopfully you will give us another chance!
Kind regards Ola T, front office manager Scandic Alta.

Reviewed March 8, 2018 via mobile

Did spend there night here in march, both business & pleasure the last night.
Frendly staff, Service minded. The room are ok, very clean! Breakfast are some of the best of hotels in Alta, its what you expect, plus alot more to choose from. Dinner is also wery Nice, kelners did have good knowledges on wine and come up with great choises for the dinner.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Hi!
Thank you for the kind reedback! I hope to see you here again!
Best regards Ola T, Front office manager Scandic Alta.

Reviewed March 6, 2018

I was very early for check in, having just come from the Scandic Grand in Tromso. Anne was very welcoming and was able to check me in early, thank you! I was in room 419 which was really quiet until day 3 when a group of firemen checked in and now a few were in the room next to me. I thought they were outside my door and when I opened my door I noticed that the door to the room next to me had been propped open with some towels. This made it sound like they were in my room. While my door was open, it closed and I was locked out. It was 3 AM so down to the front desk I went to complain about the noise and to get another key. Since the noise continued until 5 AM even after security went to their room, I asked to be moved to another room when I got up for breakfast. Natasha could not have been more accommodating and had me check out another room that was on the 2nd floor. Because it did not have a refrigerator like the room I was leaving, I asked if there was another room available. Natasha put me in room 630 and it was great. The hotel is right across from the Northern Lights Cathedral, a mall is just across the way and the information center is right across from the exit of the mall next to the Thon hotel. I look forward to staying again at the Scandic Alta in the very near future.

Room Tip: Quiet room away from the elevators
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
301manager, Front Office Manager at Scandic Alta, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2018

Hi!
Thank you for the lovely feedback!
We are so glad you had a good time at our hotel, we hope to see you back here again!
Kind regards Ola T, Front office manager Scandic Alta.

Reviewed February 23, 2018

Very clean, well heated room and modern bathroom. Very comfortable beds. The breakfast was very fresh, excellent in quality and variety and even had gluten free options available. The availability of free coffee in the lobby throughout the day was very much appreciated. It is located in the centre of Alta with the mall, the bus station, the mall and many restaurants nearby. It also afforded us the experience of seeing the Aurora Borealis. The staff is very helpful. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
301manager, Front Office Manager at Scandic Alta, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2018

Hi! Thank you for the kind words! We are so happy that you had a good stay with us! And i hope to see you here again!
Kind regards Ola T, Front office manager Scandic Alta.