“excellent!”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed December 13, 2012

this restaurant is a little gem. The food is very reasonably priced and is of an exceptional quality. The resatuarant is only small, but very cosy and the staff warm and welcoming.
Highly recommended

Reviewed November 23, 2012

Having been going to Paprika for a number of years, it is our fall-back restaurant where we know the food and service are good...but not tonight! What a disappointment.
Both me and my partner struggled to find a starter we liked, bearing in mind neither of us are fussy. We chose a chicken terrine and fishcake. The chicken terrine literally was just chicken shaped...no additional flavour, no seasoning, no dipping sauce which it desperately needed. The fishcake was fine, however, the dipping sauce that was splodged on the plate was flavourless.
We noticed when making our main course choice, five of the eight or nine choices were served with a red wine jus which made us a little apprehensive. My partner chose the pork two ways (crispy belly and fillet) with a red wine jus...the 'crispy' was chewy and sticky, the rest was fine, but the jus just tasted like a beef gravy and certainly did not match the pork. I had beef medallions (ordered medium) came well done, with sauteed potatoes and yet more red wine jus. The sauteed potatoes were at best wedges off lunch time that had been cooked at least twice, making them not only burnt in places, but chewy and hollow. The beef medallions had no seasoning at all, were completly over cooked and just lacked in everything.
The service was fine...friendly to a point but lacking generally. At no point with an empty glass were we offered more drinks, no one made the gesture to check we were happy with our mains, we were jus kinda popped in the corner, given our food and left too it - which for some people i appreciate is fine, but i would have liked someone slightly more attentive.
After this we took our bill and left, we were in and out in 45 minutes, and with having a young baby we dont get a night often on our own so this was a complete disappointment. Both myself and partner have agreed we will not return which is a real shame.

2  Thank laura a
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Had not eaten here for a couple of years. The standard of the food remains and the reasonable prices charged are a bonus. Keep up the good work in an area of desert as regards fine cuisine.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Been going to Paprika for years now and we have never had anything less than excellent food and great service. The staff actually remember your name in this restaurant. Great value for money with the set prices for 2 and 3 courses. Have also been for lunch numerous times and I defy anyone to find nicer food for the price. Note from the previous reviews about the size of the restaurant but I think this allows the high standards to be maintained. It would be a shame to expand and lose that.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Dine at Paprika and you will not be disappointed. My daughter and I can highly recommend the gorgeously indulgent turkish delight pannacotta topped with berries and I'm hoping it's on the menu next time I visit. Lunch today was £5 for a main dish and £9.95 for 2 courses. paprika really is a gem with excellent food and friendly welcoming staff. You can book a table in advance by telephoning 0191 5640606