“My favorite place in Malta”
Review of Rusty Knot

Rusty Knot
Ranked #114 of 340 Restaurants in Saint Julian's
Price range: US$6 - US$29
Description: A local family run business serving Mediterranean casual dining dishes in the heart of Paceville. Offering tasty meals at competitive prices and service with a smile.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We ate here three times in six days. It was super close to our hotel but the food was far superior to what we had there. The service was perfect. The price can’t be beat. If you’re in the area, make it a point to eat here.
The €3/glass of red Malta wine was excellent, and I typically don’t order red wine. Our favorites: bruschetta, pappardelle bolognese, and lobster tagliatelle.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Kids wanted to eat lunch and we encountered Rusty Knot by coincidence. Had a peep at the restaurant decor before actually going in and noticed immediately the cleanliness and modern decor it has which is the primary factor for us. Noticed also that the kitchen is enclosed in a window see through room.
Therefore, passing the first test we sat down, and a smart and gentle waiter helped us to settle down. We never been there so we didn't know what to expect.
We ordered kids pizza, kids chicken nuggets, and 2 loaded burgers. When the food arrived, we remained mouths open. The burgers were huge, the kids pizza was freshly prepared and tasted wonderful, and the portion of the nuggets and chips were very generous.
Thus, I would highly recommend to give a try to this restaurant which I hope it keeps the same standard at all occasions as we would like to return to try other food.
If I have to critic something, I hope they change the chicken nuggets brand to one that produce more genuine nuggets (i.e. with real chicken meat, not processed - nowadays everyone knows the dangers with eating processed food)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I go to Malta every couple of months and each time I am there I try to visit this lovely small Maltese restaurant in Paceville.
The owner is extremely friendly and helpful and the food and service is very good, I tend to choose either the ribs or a pasta dish, which are excellent and the Tagliatelle Ragu is outstanding.

Reviewed 10 January 2018

Remembered having read some good reviews so when we came upon this place we decided to give it a try. Some nice and interesting complimentary appetizers and lovely warm bread rolls, they turned out to be the best thing about the meal. Pizzas were OK although I thought mine was a little on the greasy side, burgers didn't go down well. My husband appeared to have made it his mission to try burgers all over Malta during the week we were there having had a fantastic one in Hugo's Burgers on the first day, and the one he had at the Rusty Knot was his least favourite of the week. We tried two other burgers - the vegetarian burger was basically a patty of mushed up kidney beans and not particularly appetizing, my daughter couldn't finish it. The salmon burger was oddly seasoned and very heavy. Overall we were a bit disappointed.

Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

I highly recommend Rusty Knot for the Genuine and Sumptuous Food! It’s a family run business with a great service!
Try out the Focaccia, So crispy & yummy! Also Ribeye Steak was to die for!
Hassle Free Parking since you can park at Vivaldi Hotel (only around the corner) and present yr ticket to get free parking...
Hope you’ll find this Review Helpful and wishing you a Great Meal!