“Valentines at Hilton”

Ranked #104 of 327 Restaurants in Saint Julian's
Price range: US$46 - US$66
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Enjoy authentic, rustic Mediterranean cuisine at the Hilton Malta hotel's Oceana Restaurant. Equally popular among locals and Guests of the Hilton Malta hotel, Oceana has a menu that is continuously evolving to incorporate freshly caught local seafood and seasonal produce, offering diners the chance to experience the wondrous diversity of Mediterranean cuisine. Throughout the year, Oceana Guests are provided with a variety of specialty buffets, ranging from Italian, Maltese, Mediterranean Fusion and the popular, seasonal Sunday Buffet Lunch
Reviewed 16 February 2013

I and my wife decide to go at the Oceana for our valentine’s dinner, it was our first time here and we were hugely surprised by the large amount of food displayed on the buffet. Excellent choice of everything we didn’t know where to start. Live cooking seafood station and a large variety of mouthwatering items and the dessert area, I must say wow it was like being in a dream. The place is very nice and was nicely decorated for this day. The service I must say it ran smooth like a Swiss watch just perfect. Everybody took good care of us, and the young lady who took care of us she was excellent unfortunately I cannot remember her name. At the end they even gave a red rose to my wife to end up the night in style. We will definitely come back for Saturday or Sunday lunch buffet!!!

MaltaHilton, Manager at Oceana Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2013

Dear Alfza,
We greatly appreciate your kind comments and are very happy that you enjoyed your Valentine’s evening with us.

We are rightly proud of our team in the Oceana restaurant who, on a daily basis, go that extra mile for our guests.

We do hope that we see again soon.

Reviewed 16 February 2013

This valentine’s I decided to take my wife for a surprise dinner at the Oceana Restaurant at the Hilton Hotel, Malta. As usual, anyone can assure his mind that their dining experience will be outstanding.

The restaurant was very nicely decorated for the occasion, which provided a very romantic atmosphere. As soon as we entered, we could see the great effort made to decorate the place. There were candles everywhere, rose petals on the tables and on the floor, and heart-shaped table-mats. The sound of the violin, played by one of Malta’s best musicians, provided an unforgettable experience.

The variety of food in the buffet was indescribable! There was anything anyone could ever imagine, from the traditional to more exotic items, such as sushi. The food was even decorated for the occasion with heart shaped items!! There even was a live cooking station where one could choose different types of shellfish and see the chefs cooking them in front of you. The variety in the main course items was also of a high level. Our favourite were the mouth-watering beef medallions that really melted in our mouth! In the dessert section there was an incredible choice, from freshly cooked pancakes to a chocolate fountain, a selection of gateaux, ice-cream, mousses and puddings!

The service was excellent! Antonio, the manager, and Claudia, our server, took really good care of us and provided us with that special treatment. They are really an asset to this restaurant because the service complemented the atmosphere and the quality of the food.

At the end, a red rose was given to all the ladies. We would like to thank you for the wonderful Valentine’s Day experience! We will definitively recommend this restaurant and be back!

1  Thank Charles M

Dear Charles M,
We are all very glad that you enjoyed your evening so much and that you had such a memorable experience. It’s always good when the hard work put in by our team members is acknowledged and even more so when individuals are specifically mentioned by name.
Thank you once more and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 15 February 2013

I've been at Oceana Restaurant for Valentines day buffet €50 per person... We booked for 9pm and by 10:30pm they were already clearing food. The Sushi table and another table next to it was already cleared! By 11pm all the people were moaning and going away, while we were still eating desert! I noticed that all the couples were given a Rose for the Ladies and Mon Cherie for the Men with the bill... but we were special no Mon Cherie and the rose came when we were still eating! At 11.20pm had to go away and left a quarter full bottle of wine (which is 2 times more expensive than any other good restaurant) on the table!

Dear KevinBonello,
Thank you for taking the time to review our Oceana restaurant after your recent visit. We are Very disappointed to read that you didn’t have an enjoyable experience and that our service didn’t live up to our normally high standards.
I would be very grateful if you would contact me directly at the hotel so we can discuss your experience in more detail.

Reviewed 19 December 2012

Excellent food, excellent choice, excellent service. Love it!
I have been to Oceana on various occasions and I have always been thoroughly satisfied. It's my favourite restaurant to go to on special occasions.

MaltaHilton, Manager at Oceana Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2013

Dear Olivia A,
Many thanks for posting a review about your recent visit to our Oceana restaurant. It's always good to hear positive comments from our guests. We take great pride in both our product and service quality within the Oceana restaurant, and judging by your review we have managed to, consistently, meet those objectives. We are delighted that you took the time to share your experience with others and thank you once again.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the restaurant in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 3 November 2012

Every so often we concede ourselves a Sunday buffet lunch at the Hilton's Oceana Restaurant. The place is enormous and the food selection is similarly vast. Likewise queues tend to get annoyingly and forbiddingly long at times. I tend to prefer a la carte dining but occasionally I do relish the odd buffet lunch where I get the possibility to nibble on lots of different antipasti and indulge on the freshly cooked seafood. Kids are cared for by a dedicated team of animators. I reckon that Oceana offers the best Sunday Buffet on the island. Drinks are expensively priced though, which is a shame considering that at €35 a head for a buffet lunch is already an above average deal. On a positive note, kids eat free and free parking is available. Overall an enjoyable once in a while experience.

hiltonPortomaso, Manager at Oceana Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for reviewing us on Trip Advisor . I have well noted your comments. Thank you again for your time and for your patronage, we do truly hope to welcome you back in future very soon.

Richard Webb