See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed October 22, 2009

I used this and other sites to find budget accommodation for a trip I was making to Malta. I wanted somewhere near to Valletta but also with bars/restaurants for the evening. Paceville is a very lively resort even off season it is where the local people come to party at the weekends. The Burlington is off the main drag but you will hear noise at night, so if you want a peaceful retreat this isn't for you. If you want a convenient, clean, budget place to base yourself however then I don't think you can go too far wrong. The apartments are basic but mine was very spacious and had two balconies with sea views. One of my party were staying at a 'luxury' hotel in Sliema which cost them over 10 times what I paid and they had one tiny balcony facing onto a brick wall!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed August 1, 2009

Almost everywhere on the net will tell you to collect keys from St.Georges Park. Open your eyes and you won't become stuck! Our room was only ready for 1pm-ish but the staff at St.georges let us get changed and kept our suitcases behind the counter while we got lunch. When we got the key we walked not even 50 metres down the road to the hotel to be met with a big airy room in a clean and tidy condition (lets be fair, no where will ever be cleaned to your own standard) but this was pretty good. 3 single beds instead of the 2 we expected (the 3rd having a safe above the pillow side) but it was there...and 2 bath towels and 2 hand towels on each bed.
The view straight on wasn't much as it was La Vallette but if you looked to your right from the balcony lovely view of the sea and boats passing.
A short walk round the corner and down St.Ritas steps and your at the beach, shopping centre, goodness knows how many food kiosks and you've already found your way passed all the bars you'll need during your stay.
In the 5 nights we stayed there we had one change of towels, which was all we needed as we took our own and used the hotels for the beach.
The lifts broke down late one night and engineers were there first thing in the morning and fixed them. For having no reception, this place was well looked after and i saw quite a few staff about the place.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed April 22, 2009

I had read the poor reviews, but travelling with friends on a budget we decided to give it a try. For around 11 Euros a night per room, this place cannot be faulted. It is basically a tired old building and it is doing its best to maintain decent standards - the rooms are large, and they are very clean.
They provided adequate supply of towels and bedding. The beds were comfortable, and the rooms came complete with kitchen, so we were self sufficient.
In terms of location, if you want to go clubbing, then this place is perfect - just round the corner – 2 minutes stroll from the clubs. You cannot get more convenient. It is far enough away that you don't get disturbed by any noise from the clubs.
However, there is a construction site across the road, and looks likely to be going on for a year. They started work at 9am each morning, but the patio doors kept out the sound fairly well. Higher floors hardly heard a thing, so request a high floor if you can. There was no construction work on Sunday.
I had to change my booking whilst I was there, and the staff in the admin office were very helpful. Wireless internet access costs 11 euros for a week.
If you want to go clubbing, or want a clean, decent place to stay for a bargain price, I would thoroughly recommend the Burlington Apartments. I will use it again next time I go to Malta.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed March 18, 2009

We are getting married in Malta and we needed to book something very cheap to spend the weekend in St Julians to finalise a few details. I was very worried after reading reviews on Burlington..... now I am not going to lie it is a youth hostel and in the heart of a busy road with construction ongoing. If you dont mind noise and people coming and going in the apartments you will be fine. The beds and room was clean and the concierge chap was really friendly. The only downfall is there is no pool there; but it wasnt that hot when we went but this may bother some people. Its not the Ritz but its cheap and clean. If you are on a budget, young with no children and are easy going Burlington is absolutely good value for money and fine! I would stay there again if I was on the cheap.... no issues! All those who moan and slag it off - get a life and how much time do you spend in your room on holiday??!!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mushcakes
Reviewed December 1, 2008

I put "ok" and 2 stars here just because i've got this hotel very cheap from laterooms (eur 10/nite) for 2 nights.

Well, first of all, some people here already mentioned but you need to get the key from St George Park hotel which is not exactly across the road but you'll get there if you cross the road and turn left (following the road across the corner bar - i dont remember the name). Signs and everything is not so clear for this hotel/apartment as well.

The room was clean but absolutely basic. the matress and pillow were the hardest and most uncomfortable I've ever slept with. the TV was so fragile that i thought it would just fall anytime you touch it to change the channel or volume (there is no remote). not to say that you should be worried about the TV as there was only 1 channel in Italian if I'm not mistaken.

the bathroom was small and very basic - no standing shower so you have to hold the hose when you're shower. no shower curtain either so of course the water will spill everywhere. no toiletteries provided although the good news is that clean towels are provided.

On our first day we happened in the room when the cleaner/owner(?) knocked the door hard asking us to give her our rubbish. She also asked what time we are leaving the next day - we said before check out time tomorrow. she said rudely that we must leave before 11.

Also please note that there was a new hotel construction going on in front of the hotel so you will hear VERY VERY loud noise which starts from 7am even on the weekends (the truck etc came about 6am and made so much noise already that they will wake you up). maybe it was just because our room was facing the street. also the area is known as 'night clubs' area so you will constantly hear the sound system of those clubs even from the distance and clubbers in the street.

So unless money is the object for you, I would really recommend to stay away from this place.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)