See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed February 25, 2010

when we walked into the rooms it was like stepping back in time, the 70's era. rooms were very basic and in desparate need of repair and upgrading. our bathroom ceiling was boasting some lovely black mould and the plaster was crumbling off into the bath. our kitchenette had taps repaired with black tape. the toaster supplied, you would have not wanted to bare your bread to it. mattresses on the beds were .dirty and the springs in a bad state. floors needed a good scrub. i would certainly not recommend this hotel to anyone. the only good thing going for it was the location, very central for everything.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 22, 2009

This hotel had amazing staff who greeted and even took us around the island to experience parts of Malta that some tourists miss out on. The locals made us very welcome.

The room was in good condition for what we paid for, we had everything we needed, very clean room and facilities, and a view of the sea from our balcony.

Prime location for clubbing or taking the bus into the town centre. I hope to go back at somepoint next year.

If i had to mark this place down for something it would be the noise we woke up to in the morning from the builders next door.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank London089
Reviewed October 22, 2009

I used this and other sites to find budget accommodation for a trip I was making to Malta. I wanted somewhere near to Valletta but also with bars/restaurants for the evening. Paceville is a very lively resort even off season it is where the local people come to party at the weekends. The Burlington is off the main drag but you will hear noise at night, so if you want a peaceful retreat this isn't for you. If you want a convenient, clean, budget place to base yourself however then I don't think you can go too far wrong. The apartments are basic but mine was very spacious and had two balconies with sea views. One of my party were staying at a 'luxury' hotel in Sliema which cost them over 10 times what I paid and they had one tiny balcony facing onto a brick wall!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed August 1, 2009

Almost everywhere on the net will tell you to collect keys from St.Georges Park. Open your eyes and you won't become stuck! Our room was only ready for 1pm-ish but the staff at St.georges let us get changed and kept our suitcases behind the counter while we got lunch. When we got the key we walked not even 50 metres down the road to the hotel to be met with a big airy room in a clean and tidy condition (lets be fair, no where will ever be cleaned to your own standard) but this was pretty good. 3 single beds instead of the 2 we expected (the 3rd having a safe above the pillow side) but it was there...and 2 bath towels and 2 hand towels on each bed.
The view straight on wasn't much as it was La Vallette but if you looked to your right from the balcony lovely view of the sea and boats passing.
A short walk round the corner and down St.Ritas steps and your at the beach, shopping centre, goodness knows how many food kiosks and you've already found your way passed all the bars you'll need during your stay.
In the 5 nights we stayed there we had one change of towels, which was all we needed as we took our own and used the hotels for the beach.
The lifts broke down late one night and engineers were there first thing in the morning and fixed them. For having no reception, this place was well looked after and i saw quite a few staff about the place.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed April 22, 2009

I had read the poor reviews, but travelling with friends on a budget we decided to give it a try. For around 11 Euros a night per room, this place cannot be faulted. It is basically a tired old building and it is doing its best to maintain decent standards - the rooms are large, and they are very clean.
They provided adequate supply of towels and bedding. The beds were comfortable, and the rooms came complete with kitchen, so we were self sufficient.
In terms of location, if you want to go clubbing, then this place is perfect - just round the corner – 2 minutes stroll from the clubs. You cannot get more convenient. It is far enough away that you don't get disturbed by any noise from the clubs.
However, there is a construction site across the road, and looks likely to be going on for a year. They started work at 9am each morning, but the patio doors kept out the sound fairly well. Higher floors hardly heard a thing, so request a high floor if you can. There was no construction work on Sunday.
I had to change my booking whilst I was there, and the staff in the admin office were very helpful. Wireless internet access costs 11 euros for a week.
If you want to go clubbing, or want a clean, decent place to stay for a bargain price, I would thoroughly recommend the Burlington Apartments. I will use it again next time I go to Malta.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends