“Great Experience”

Price range: US$10 - US$95
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Chopstick encounters for large groups of people! The Fujiya has an Asian decor with red and dark tints and exhaust hoods hang resplendent over the teppan-yaki. The food could hardly be fresher. It is prepared in front of the diners on a hot plate which is in the middle of the table. The staff offer service with a smile and the restaurant is filled to capacity every night. The dining experience is twice as enjoyable when you can actually see the food being prepared by expert chefs - especially if the meal does not leave you feeling bloated. The restaurant is popular with vegetarians and meat-eaters. It has a good international wine selection. Sayonara.
Reviewed October 30, 2017

I had dinner there last week and it was wonderful. The Chef cooking at the Group table was a great experience, Food was excellent, Service was outstanding. Prices are not cheap especially if you order the menus which include mny dishes but you can also order a la carte. A must-go.

Date of visit: October 2017

Reviewed September 21, 2017 via mobile

We were very jet lagged- by the good seemed quite good. We both had the business man's lunch, which included salad, chicken and vegetables. For five swiss more you got fried rice (which was lovely- not to much oil or butter). At first, the vegetable portions seemed small, by U.S. standards, but it ended up being more than enough. Meals in europe tend to be smaller than the enormous portions in the states.

The only negative was when I asked for iced tea, they brought a bottle of sweetened lemon tea. I switched to hot tea with a glass of ice- this is a common problem in europe- tea is meant to be served hot. It is usually best just to go to Starbucks if one wants iced teas.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed April 14, 2017 via mobile

I did a reservation in February to go for lunch with my wife, we arrived at the defined time and there was one women to inform me that they have decided not to open such day after accepting my reservation. That's customer service probably for them, to make easier to accept it, she also mentioned that they were not able to find my contact telephone so they can't inform me!!!
Obviously I will never come back with my wife, friends or business.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed November 20, 2016 via mobile

I have been again on this restaurant, this time for the Japanese-BBQ, a special event they organize couple of times in Sommer where there are several kind of meat, fish and vegetables cooked on the tepaniaki grill. Wow! As usual top quality, both the food and the service. Price/value rate of this event is great.
If you like Japanese food and you want to experience a romantic and special evening I can only recommend this restaurant. Tepaniaki is expensive but goes together with the great quality.
Btw I went several times also for lunch, the bento is just great. Try it!

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed November 4, 2016 via mobile

Excellent place at the typical Swiss price level. Good quality and friendly staff. I usually go four or five times per year and it's always a pleasure.

Date of visit: November 2016