“Great little place to have lunch in the sun”

Smiths Beach General Store
Price range: US$3 - US$9
Cuisines: Fast food, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Description: Open daily from 7.30Am, Hot food available all day using local produce. We are proudly associated with Allpress coffee. Offering a great selection of locally baked breads. Daily Newspapers and Groceries along with Local beer and wine available to take home. Located next to Island Surf and a short stroll from stunning Smiths Beach.
Reviewed June 10, 2018

We didn't want to pay exhorbent prices at the Nobbies Centre so we headed back to Cowes and came across a sign for shops at Smiths Beach so headed off there. We came across the General Store. It had foccacia sandwiches, mini burgers and mini rolls made up. I had an avocado small roll which was nice and my husband had the chicken schnitzel wrap (it was only a half wrap). My husband found his schnitzel a bit greasy but said it was lot better than the lunch we had yesterday. We sat outside at the benches. It was lovely sitting in the sun. Seems to be a spot alot of people go to. Nice spot to stop into for a bite.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed April 21, 2018 via mobile

Dropped in for a coffee and lunch. Friendly service good fresh food and excellent coffee

Would visit again

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed March 10, 2018 via mobile

Very disappointed that coffee is only served in paper/take away cups. Fortunately, I had my own but the coffee wasn't that great. Nor was the service; grumpy, tired staff taking my order and making the coffee (yes, I know it's a long weekend, but that's the job!!).
The white choc, coconut, and raspberry muffin was amazing.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed January 31, 2018 via mobile

Lovely fresh sandwiches & burgers etc to eat in or take out. Latte coffees were really good too. Very close to the Smiths beach which is very popular with surfers. Small play box provided which our 3 year old granddaughter appreciated. I wish cafes did more of this in the UK. We’re only on the Island for a couple of days but will do again if we get chance. It’s about 1,5 miles from the koala reserve & much better value.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed January 29, 2018

Every day of our holiday we enjoyed a morning walk to buy the papers. We appreciated the choice of newspapers.
The food here looked lovely and fresh and their was a great variety. It was a popular place for coffee

Date of visit: January 2018