“pleasantly surprised”

Premier Inn Glasgow East Kilbride Central Hotel
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in East Kilbride
Reviewed 21 March 2012

I had seen some pretty awfull reviews about this place but I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived. The rooms were very clean spacious and comfortable. Staff were very friendly and helpfull. We didnt arrive until after 1am and the night reception rushed to help us in with our bags! The Hotel was very peaceful and getting a good nights sleep was very easy. The bathroom was immaculate and the digital tv kept the kids entertained. The beefer reastaurant attached was lovely and nothing was too much trouble for staff. We were staying to attend a family wedding and even though things were busy I felt like I had a mini holiday!

Room Tip: we needed 2 rooms due to having 3 children and if you want rooms next to each other your going to ha...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 8 February 2012

Satisfaction guaranteed here! For service and friendliness it's difficult to beat Scottish hospitality!
I came home for the World Pipe Band Championships with my girlfriend from Morocco who adored her lovely breakfast with "Scots Porrige!!! Worth the long drive from Paris!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 January 2012

Its always a bad sign when you're asked to pay on arrival to a hotel, rather than at check out!

Room was Ok.. Small, clean but unfortunately quite cold due a draught coming in the window that wouldn't close tightly shut (didn't help with noise either). Speaking of which, my room was close to the stairs (no lift) which meant anyone on my floor had to walk by my room, leading to a pretty noisy night.

Bathroom was shabby, with the tap for the shower coming off in my hand!!!

The staff were gruff! Very short answers and not overly enthusiastic about being friendly.

The hotel has no bar or restaurant attached, so you have to leave it and cross the road over to its "adjoining" partner bar. Which by the way is really nice with great ambiance, Ok food and free wifi.

The hotel is only "saved" by it being so cheap and so close to the business park, which is the reason for being there. Apart from that, it has few redeeming features.

• Stayed: January 2012
Kelly L, Social Media at Premier Inn Glasgow East Kilbride Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel fell far short of your expectations. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Please be assured that the issues raised will be fully investigated. Thank you once again for your review.

Reviewed 18 January 2012

Checked in at around 11pm with two children. Mouldy bathroom, eventually got the room changed for a clean room which was cold, underneath the reception,very noisy, my son had to sleep on a mattres on the floor without a pillow, looked like a refugee bed, tv not working unhelpfull staff, i would recommend the nerston premeir inn which i have also stayed in and its run much better

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Kelly L, Social Media at Premier Inn Glasgow East Kilbride Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2012

Reviewed 10 January 2012

Friendly staff. A clean, quiet room that was ready when i asked for it. I had called to book a room knowing that I would arrive at 7am long before the daily check out time and the staff listened to my requests and accommodated all of them. A quiet room, on the first floor, that was ready upon my arrival. Dinner and breakfast were booked and even a wake-p call in the middle of the day to ensure I did not miss any meetings.

I was greeted with a smile every time I came in and asked if there was anything I needed.

Who could ask for anything more? It was perfect!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 November 2011

Going to be staying here for at least 2 nights a week for the next 6 months and it doesn't worry me. Nice people, great attached restaurant / pub, comfortable rooms and nice and quiet. Down side - TV didn't work properly on my last stay and no Sky Sports!!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 November 2011

Friendy staff, clean modern room, reasonably priced food available. Ample parking and well located in quite a quiet area. I dont think you can ask more, especially at the price. Just the job when staying away from home with work

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
City Centre
Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (Charing Cross) Hotel
South Side
Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Glasgow East Kilbride Central Hotel? Share your experiences!