All reviews honeymoon suite cocktail masterclass jacuzzi bath great night food was lovely birthday party lovely hotel set menu wedding reception from start to finish function room waiting staff comfy bed wedding venue scones tribute night cooked breakfast
Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

I was at a funeral last Thursday and was very pleased with the food and the staff where all great espessually Mark who was very nice and polite. will definitely recomend to anyone who asks and will be returning in the future

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Torrance H, Manager at Torrance Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2018

Dear Susan P,

Thank you for your review on your visit.

I am delighted that you found everything with the service we provided to be to your liking. Our team strive hard to esnure that our guests are looked after so this is lovely to read that this is the case for you.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind regards,

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

Amazing help and device... nothing too much trouble, family and friends had an amazing time! Family event diamond wedding for 59 people... room was beautiful, staff warm and friendly and everything I asked for was done without hassle. Would highly recommend.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Torrance H, Manager at Torrance Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2018

Dear Natnmac,

Thank you for your review on your recent visit with us for a family event.

I am delighted to read your wonderful feedback on your special celebration and to hear that yourself and your guests were looked after from start to finish by our Events Team.

It is always lovely to hear such great feedback from our guests therefore i will be sure to pass all you kind comments on to the entire team here at The Torrance.

We would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

Due to our friend getting married at the torrance myself and my friends all decided to stay. What a mistake that was. We were all outraged by the price of the rooms but expected luxury on arrival. We were all so disappointed with the size and facilities of the room. The worst part was the bed! My husband slept on the floor it was that uncomfortable.

The following morning we all gathered for breakfast. We all wish we hadn't now! My husband is the only one out of the 5 of us who hasn't had an upset stomach or vomited as he had the vegetarian option during the wedding breakfast and breakfast at the hotel. We all had the full English. We all live in separate areas of Scotland and hadn't eaten anywhere else apart from the torrance.
The service at breakfast wasnt the greatest either and we felt the plates etc weren't the cleanest considering the price of the rooms.

To some up our stay,

None of us will ever return or recommend this hotel to anyone! Such a shame as the actual wedding was great. We just hope it was the breakfast that has made us ill and not the wedding breakfast.
The price we were charged per room and the extra £40 per room incase we used the mini bar is ridiculous. We all agreed we had stayed in better travel lodges for a fraction of the price.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank jill_d2
Torrance H, Manager at Torrance Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2018

Dear jill_d2

I understand that the General Manager has been in contact with your party.

If we can be of further assistance please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,

Reviewed March 27, 2018 via mobile

My husband and myself can not thank the staff in the Torrance Hotel for making our wedding day so special.
When we met April Forrest (events coordinator)we knew we had chosen the correct venue for our special day.
We can not thank April, Kevin, Nicole and Ian for absolutely everything they done for us and our wedding party.
The venue was just as I had imagined and more.
We were blown away with everything.
Thank you again!
You are such an amazing team

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Torrance H, Manager at Torrance Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2018

Dear GMcMahons,

Thank you for your review on your Wedding Day.

It is an absoulute pleasure to read your wonderful feedback on your special day with us here at The Torrance Hotel.

I am delighted to hear that our team looked after yourself and your guests from start to finsh and helped to make your day that extra special.
It is always great for our team to hear such lovely feedback from our guests therefore I will be sure to pass all your kind comments on to April, Kevin, Nicole and Ian along with the rest of the team who will be delighted also.

From our entire team we would like to thank you for chosing The Torrance Hotel as your Wedding Venue and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed March 27, 2018

£2.60 for a diet coke and a shapeless veggie burger. Waiter was a nice fellow. Coffee and cheesecake was good. A little more attention to appetizing food at reasonable pricing and this could be a good place.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Torrance H, Manager at Torrance Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2018

Dear SMGScotland,

Thank you for your review on your visit.

I am dissapointed to read that your recent dining experinece did not meet overall expectations with regards to the price and presentation of your meal.

Our Chefs take pride in providing the very best quality of food for our menu therefore I can only apologise that your Veggie Burger was not to your liking.

I am however delighted to hear that you were looked after well by our team and that you enjoyed your coffee and dessert.

Our guests feedback is greatly important to our team in order for us to make changes where psosible therefore I will be sure to pass all your comments on to the rest of our management team.

Thank you again for your review and our team hope to welcome you back soon.