On arrival we were checked in by a not very friendly, but efficient receptionist who gave us hot cookies (very nice!). We made our own way to our room which was on the second floor (I had specifically asked NOT to have a room in the Stirling Wing due to the comments on Trip Advisor). Bathroom was spacious with modern fittings but there was mould on the tile grout. Shower was great and the Crabtree & Evelyn toiletries a nice touch. The mini bar in the bedroom had been removed (Im not sure if this is the same for all the rooms). There was no bottles of water supplied. The bedroom units were obviously cheaply made and were showing signs of wear and tear. The tv picture was really bad and we reported this to reception. A member of the maintenance team arrived promptly and fixed this. He then told us that the pay per view movies wasn;t working and that this had knocked out the tv reception. We weren't bothered about the movies but I think we should have been told they weren't working at check in. It was round this time that we noticed the dust behind the TV - not acceptable!
We got ready and went for dinner - this was fantastic. Food was superb and the service great. Would thoroughly recommend. We dined here on both nights. We had a couple of drinks at the bar but they were very expensive (£13.80 for two red wines). Having stayed at a few Hilton hotels I know that this is the norm so I wasn't surprised. There is wifi in the hotel but it is £15 a day - even the bar staff thought this was expensive. I would have thought a hotel like the Hydro would have had free wifi in public areas.
All in all, we had a lovely time here, out walking in Dunblane, Bridge of Allan and Doune. I was just disappointed in the room.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Doubletree by Hilton, Dunblane-Hydro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton, Dunblane-Hydro Hotel Dunblane
- Hilton International Dunblane
- Dunblane Hydro
- Hydro Dunblane
- Dunblane Hilton International
- Doubletree By Hilton, Dunblane-Hydro Scotland