Travelocity
  • Restaurant
The Griffin Inn(St Helens)
Eccleston Arms(St Helens)
  • Free Internet
St. Helens Hotel(St Helens)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbeefeater next dooradjoining beefeaterwarm welcomeroom was clean and comfortableeasy accessgood nights sleepvalue for moneylady on receptionhome from homecouldn't faultmeal dealon arrivalliverpool city centreexcellent valueshort breakplenty of parkingworth every penny
Reviewed August 2, 2017

We booked this hotel as you always know what to expect of a Premier Inn
We were greeted by a lovely Lady on Reception , we think her name was Sandra, she was so helpful and told us a lot of useful information
The room was clean and during our four nights stay was well maintained
All the staff were pleasant and friendly
The other receptionists were lovely too
This hotel is very well situated halfway between Liverpool and Manchester
There is easy access to both , we opted to park and ride one day trip and catch the train and on another day trip we got a Taxi to the station/ The Station is quite close by at Lea Green and the car park is free to train users

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rosgraymarykaren
Reviewed July 31, 2017 via mobile

We arrived at 11:30pm, after travelling for 5 hours by car all we wanted to do was go to bed due to having a big day the following day. Upon arrival the receptionist told me to take bags to room and come back and sign the invoice. (Seemed pretty pointless).

It saddens me to write this review as we had a bad experience at the last premier inn also. I have stayed in 50+ premier inns and only twice I've had to complain.

The bed I slept in was a fold away bed, I have stayed in plenty family rooms and never had a camp bed. Always a double bed and two single beds. The fold away bed was brick hard and there was a bar in the middle which killed my back.

We then went for breakfast in the morning, this is not buffet breakfast and it's order on arrival. The eggs weren't cooked and the sausages were not nice. Plenty to choose from from the continental area but definitely wouldn't recommend the cooked breakfast. Both adults had sore stomachs all day.

On checking out, three people at reception, one asked how our start was and I said I had a terrible sleep because of my back and she literally laughed in my face. (I didn't think this was funny at all).

I feel extremely disappointed that my last two visits to premier inn have been upsetting and uncomfortable.

I understand your rates are good but don't promise a good nights sleep if you can't provide it!!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Laurabroon14
WhitbreadHotels, Premier Inn Team at Premier Inn St. Helens South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2017

Hi Laura,

Thank you for your review.

I'm very sorry to hear of your disappointment with your recent visit to the St. Helens hotel. It's unfortunate to learn of the issues you experienced with the bed you slept on and the breakfast at the Beefeater Restaurant the following morning. I appreciate this would be inconvenient and apologise that we fell below our usual standard.

At Premier Inn it's important to us that guests can enjoy their stay and a great night's sleep. It's a shame this was not the case. Family rooms will typically have a double bed, sofa bed and/or a pull out bed. This is detailed on the Premier Inn website under 'Time for bed' where details of the room set up are provided.

I'm very sorry that you found the bed to be uncomfortable and have requested these to be quality checked by Housekeeping. In future, please don't hesitate to speak to the Hotel Team available 24/7 and will do their best to help.

I was also concerned to read about your experience at breakfast. I have raised your comments with the Food & Beverage Manager at Beefeater to ensure this is looked into and necessary action put in place for improvement. if you'd like to discuss matters further with Beefeater please visit: https://www.beefeater.co.uk/contact-us.html

You can also contact us by emailing guest.relations@premierinn.com. I hope this hasn't deterred you from visiting Premier Inn in future. We appreciate your feedback.

Kind Regards,

Sharelle

Reviewed July 22, 2017 via mobile

Stayed two nights. Adequate rooms, quiet, helpful staff and good breakfast. Rooms need few more accessories such as flannel and regular soap. Close to train station for Liverpool and Manchester if you don't want to drive.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Patrick J
Reviewed July 21, 2017

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com
Reviewed July 17, 2017

Stayed here many times. I'm a granny not a business person. As an older lady travelling alone, the staff at St Helens are wonderful. Nothing is too much trouble. Other Premier Inn sites are just as good but at St Helens they have that little bit of extra! They keep an eye out and help me with anything. Bravo.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family