All reviews sunday lunch town centre pie landlady roast tlc starters
Reviewed September 12, 2017

It was my birthday today and my friend and I went to The Duke's Head in Wokingham. It was my first visit.

I had a pie deal from Groupon which was excellent value! The service from the manager Adrian and other staff was first class. The food was hot and portions very generous indeed. The cafetiere of coffee was great too. Thank you Adrian for making my birthday special. Angela

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed June 22, 2017

Start with by saying staff were very friendly. That is the one good thing about the premises. Twin room myself and my dad stayed in was dreadful. Stayed in one of the annex rooms not above the actual pub. Twin beds were camp bed style. No chairs to sit and relax on. No wardrobe to hang our clothes in. Had to hang our suits and other clothes in the storage cupboard with one hook which was only accessible by moving one of the beds. Towels were not changed and bin was not emptied. No Wifi access from this room and remote control for the tv was missing. Never again.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Stephen H
Reviewed April 10, 2017

Back after 2 years again on a Groupon and still amazing value.

With the extra discount that Groupon offer for two courses with a glass of Prosecco each is hard to beat at £10.00

3 choices of starter and main all well cooked and served with a smile.

The outside garden could do with a bit of a clean/ tidy up but it was adequate for eating outside on a hot afternoon

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 25, 2017

We went to the Dukes head for Suday lunch and we did not regret it ! Food was amazing , we had two courses, the choice was good and the prices were affordable . When we walked in we were welcomed by a lovely lady behind the bar. They were short of employees on that day but everything went smoothly anyway. Great job ! The place has a lovely atmosphere. We will be definitely back in summer .

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2016

Yesterday, I went in with my partner and daughter in law and grandson, we were given a discounted deal with groupon, this was out of date as every time we called in there was
no availability, but were assured by Julie that this would be honoured. When we arrived we ordered drinks notified the bar staff we were here on a groupon deal, this caused complete chaos. The Manager/Landlord Adrian was extremely abrupt and rude in front of other customer's making us feel most unwelcome saying that he could not honour this although his wife did not communicate this through. The furnishing looked worn down, the locals were quite rude and told us to leave if we did'nt like it, i would never step foot in this place ever again, nor would i reommend it, Management rude, it looks like undesirable charecters drink in there too, no wonder it was empty.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank matthewelder
Adrian T, Owner at The Dukes Head, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2016

If you went to Tesco with a discount voucher that was out of date would they honour it?
I am surprised you asked for an out date voucher to be honoured. You have six months from date of purchase to use the voucher.
I am sorry that redemption has taken you so long.
Sorry I was abrupt, but I was cooking for 8 other tables and had food under the grill, in the oven and on the stove. I came from the kitchen to try and explain why I was not able to accept an expired voucher. I did have to rush back to the kitchen to ensure I did not spoil any food. I did say I would return , but you chose to leave.
I wonder how we managed to upset other customers if we were empty, and also how our customers are "undesirable" if we were empty.
Come back and try our food and then write a review.
Don't use this forum as a tool to complain further because you could not redeem an expired voucher.